Oxycontin and Mouth ulceration - from FDA reports
Mouth ulceration is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Mouth ulceration with Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,249 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 30, 2017
61,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 359 people (0.59%) have Mouth ulceration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have Mouth ulceration *:
- < 1 month: 35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10 %
- 2 - 5 years: 55 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 62.31 %
- male: 37.69 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.35 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.5 %
- 40-49: 18.88 %
- 50-59: 35.31 %
- 60+: 41.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (85 people, 23.68%)
- Metastases To Bone (73 people, 20.33%)
- Depression (57 people, 15.88%)
- Breast Cancer (56 people, 15.60%)
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 8.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (253 people, 70.47%)
- Aredia (155 people, 43.18%)
- Neurontin (113 people, 31.48%)
- Cymbalta (102 people, 28.41%)
- Ambien (101 people, 28.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (194 people, 54.04%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (184 people, 51.25%)
- Bone Disorder (161 people, 44.85%)
- Joint Pain (156 people, 43.45%)
- Nausea (145 people, 40.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Mouth ulceration when taking Oxycontin?
- Check symptoms - is mouth ulceration caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMouth ulceration and drugs with ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMouth ulceration and Oxycontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
Mouth ulceration (mouth ulcers) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 14,731 Mouth ulceration patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
Could your condition cause Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I WAS TOLD BY A QUALIFIED MEDICAL OFFICIAL THAT THE SUICIDE RATES FOR MY CONDITION WERE HIGH , ......THIS MADE ME LAUGH ....WHY AT THE TIME I DIDN'T KNOW WHY I FOUND IT FUNNY ..... I THINK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNEW THIS ......ANY THOUGHTS ON WHY STATE SUCH AN ABSURD FACT AFTER JUST BEING ...
Has anyone that has been taking Zantac or the generic form of Zantac suffer from mouth ulcers or canker sores. I an almost constantly suffering from these and sometimes more than one at a time. I have changed my toothpaste and started taking Vitamin b-12 supplements to help but I still have ...