Oxycontin and Pleural fluid - from FDA reports
Pleural fluid is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Pleural fluid with Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,249 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 12, 2017
61,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 1,115 people (1.82%) have Pleural fluid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have Pleural fluid *:
- < 1 month: 63.64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.97 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.3 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.3 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 53.3 %
- male: 46.7 %
Age of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 1.03 %
- 20-29: 1.64 %
- 30-39: 5.03 %
- 40-49: 19.28 %
- 50-59: 26.77 %
- 60+: 45.95 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (169 people, 15.16%)
- Metastases To Bone (147 people, 13.18%)
- Breast Cancer (109 people, 9.78%)
- Depression (66 people, 5.92%)
- Constipation (61 people, 5.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (588 people, 52.74%)
- Aredia (334 people, 29.96%)
- Lasix (299 people, 26.82%)
- Ambien (232 people, 20.81%)
- Percocet (221 people, 19.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (518 people, 46.46%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (502 people, 45.02%)
- Stress And Anxiety (467 people, 41.88%)
- Atelectasis (416 people, 37.31%)
- Pneumonia (369 people, 33.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pleural fluid when taking Oxycontin?
- Check symptoms - is pleural fluid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPleural fluid and drugs with ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePleural fluid and Oxycontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
Pleural fluid has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 50,017 Pleural fluid patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Pleural fluidPleural fluid
Could your condition cause Pleural fluidPleural fluid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I WAS TOLD BY A QUALIFIED MEDICAL OFFICIAL THAT THE SUICIDE RATES FOR MY CONDITION WERE HIGH , ......THIS MADE ME LAUGH ....WHY AT THE TIME I DIDN'T KNOW WHY I FOUND IT FUNNY ..... I THINK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNEW THIS ......ANY THOUGHTS ON WHY STATE SUCH AN ABSURD FACT AFTER JUST BEING ...
I am taking oxycontin, oxycodone, cymbalta, lyrica, and now vistaril. Does anyone know what the vistaril will do for my pain? What I found about Vistaril is that it's an antihistamine? My chronic pain seems to worsen, doctors can't tell me what's wrong with me. I've gone through physical ...