Oxycontin and Taste disturbance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste disturbance is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Oxycontin and have Taste disturbance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 205,812 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
205,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Taste disturbance.
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 207,746 Oxycontin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste disturbance?
Taste disturbance is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 2 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Oxycontin and Taste disturbance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Oxycontin *:
- Zoloft: 3 people, 27.27%
- Ativan: 3 people, 27.27%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Valium: 3 people, 27.27%
- Tylenol W/ Codeine: 2 people, 18.18%
- Carboplatin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Dilantin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Danazol: 2 people, 18.18%
- Compazine: 2 people, 18.18%
- Zomig: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Taste disturbance *:
- Constipation: 3 people, 27.27%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 18.18%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 18.18%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 18.18%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 2 people, 18.18%
- Muscle Twitching: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hair Loss: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 18.18%
- Influenza Like Illness: 2 people, 18.18%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxycontin and have Taste disturbance?Check whether Taste disturbance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Taste disturbance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Oxycontin:
- Oxycontin (207,746 reports)
Common Oxycontin side effects:
- Pain: 55,550 reports
- Death: 25,919 reports
- Drug abuse and dependence: 11,544 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 10,262 reports
- Depression: 9,692 reports
- Drug abuse: 9,171 reports
Browse all side effects of Oxycontin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste disturbance treatments and more:
- Taste disturbance (4,340 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste disturbance:
- Biaxin: 334 reports
- Prilosec: 234 reports
- Premarin: 155 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
- Lamisil: 126 reports
- Zithromax: 123 reports
- Norvasc: 113 reports
- Prednisone: 111 reports
- Fosamax: 108 reports
- Prevacid: 105 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (1,001 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (2 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxycodone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Oxycontin) and Oxycontin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluocinonide and Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - now
- Cresemba and Nosebleed - 2 seconds ago
- Fluocinonide and Joint Swelling - 4 seconds ago
- Zoledronic Acid and Waist Circumference Increased - 6 seconds ago
- Fluocinonide and Chest Pain - 8 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Pulse Absent - 12 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Tekturna and Erection Problems - 13 seconds ago
- Fluocinonide and Diverticulitis - 14 seconds ago
- Fluocinonide and Hallucinations - 18 seconds ago