Who have Urinary tract infection with Oxycontin - from FDA reports
Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 91,119 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
91,119 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 1,348 people (1.48%) have Urinary tract infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have Urinary tract infection *:
- < 1 month: 29.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.65 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.41 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.41 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.65 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.06 %
- 10+ years: 9.41 %
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 71.98 %
- male: 28.02 %
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 0.18 %
- 10-19: 0.53 %
- 20-29: 3.96 %
- 30-39: 6.7 %
- 40-49: 17.44 %
- 50-59: 28.28 %
- 60+: 42.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 167 people, 12.39%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 122 people, 9.05%
- Breast Cancer: 95 people, 7.05%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 79 people, 5.86%
- Depression: 77 people, 5.71%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 461 people, 34.20%
- Aredia: 325 people, 24.11%
- Neurontin: 319 people, 23.66%
- Lasix: 282 people, 20.92%
- Prednisone: 246 people, 18.25%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 539 people, 39.99%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 465 people, 34.50%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 438 people, 32.49%
- Weakness: 437 people, 32.42%
- Fall: 405 people, 30.04%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Urinary tract infection while taking Oxycontin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urinary tract infection
- Subscribe to monitor Urinary tract infection in Oxycontin
You are not alone:
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 92,959 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 146,267 Urinary tract infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Urinary tract infectionUrinary tract infection (3,210 drugs)
Could your condition cause Urinary tract infectionUrinary tract infection (3,090 conditions)
Oxycontin side effects
- Oxycontin side effects (91,154 reports)
Browse all side effects of Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Oxycontin and Vimpat drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter with Erbitux? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Heart Fibrillation with Erbitux? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Auricular Fibrillation with Erbitux? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Atrial Fibrillation with Erbitux? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 9 minutes ago
- A study for a 54 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Concerta - 43 minutes ago
- Prediction of Toprol-xl, Ativan, Norco for a 55 year old man - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Amitril, Lamotrigine - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Lexapro for a 41 year old woman - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.