Pantoprazole and Carcinoid tumor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 256,934 people who have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Carcinoid tumor is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, also take Dexilant and have Indigestion.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pantoprazole and have Carcinoid tumor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
256,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole.
Among them, 71 people (0.03%) have Carcinoid tumor.
What is Pantoprazole?
Pantoprazole has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 260,194 Pantoprazole users.
What is Carcinoid tumor?
Carcinoid tumor is found to be associated with 391 drugs and 185 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 10,616 people who have Carcinoid tumor.
Number of Pantoprazole and Carcinoid tumor reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Carcinoid tumor when taking Pantoprazole *:
- female: 82.09 %
- male: 17.91 %
Age of people who have Carcinoid tumor when taking Pantoprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40.32 %
- 50-59: 29.03 %
- 60+: 30.65 %
Common drugs people take besides Pantoprazole *:
- Dexilant: 35 people, 49.30%
- Sulfatrim: 26 people, 36.62%
- Magnesium: 24 people, 33.80%
- Sandostatin: 24 people, 33.80%
- Codeine: 14 people, 19.72%
- Synthroid: 13 people, 18.31%
- Morphine: 11 people, 15.49%
- Aspirin: 11 people, 15.49%
- Calcium: 10 people, 14.08%
- Amlodipine: 8 people, 11.27%
Common side effects people have besides Carcinoid tumor *:
- Body Temperature Decreased: 48 people, 67.61%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 45 people, 63.38%
- Back Pain: 45 people, 63.38%
- Headache (pain in head): 45 people, 63.38%
- Diarrhea: 44 people, 61.97%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 44 people, 61.97%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 41 people, 57.75%
- Malignant Neoplasm Progression (cancer tumour came back): 40 people, 56.34%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 38 people, 53.52%
- Heart Rate Decreased: 38 people, 53.52%
Common conditions people have *:
- Indigestion: 12 people, 16.90%
- Heart Disease: 7 people, 9.86%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 8.45%
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer (type of thyroid cancer that develops in the parafollicular cells of the thyroid gland): 6 people, 8.45%
- Pain: 4 people, 5.63%
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 4 people, 5.63%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 4.23%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 4.23%
- Hormone Level Abnormal: 2 people, 2.82%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 2.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pantoprazole and have Carcinoid tumor?Check whether Carcinoid tumor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Pantoprazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Pantoprazole side effects (260,194 reports)
Carcinoid tumor treatments and more:
- Carcinoid tumor (10,616 reports)
Common drugs associated with Carcinoid tumor:
All the drugs that are associated with Carcinoid tumor:
- Carcinoid tumor (391 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Carcinoid tumor:
- High blood pressure: 125 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Carcinoid tumor:
- Carcinoid tumor (185 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pantoprazole sodium (the active ingredients of Pantoprazole) and Pantoprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole and Anion Gap Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Nyquil and Soma drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Trulicity and Glimepiride drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Dexedrine and Olanzapine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Omega-3 and Vytorin drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Trulicity and Novocain drug interaction - a minute ago
- Inderal and Chest Pain - a minute ago
- Celestone and Miralax drug interaction - a minute ago
- Vyvanse and Foaming At Mouth - a minute ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Renal Impairment - a minute ago