Paxil and Hallucinations - from FDA reports
Hallucinations is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Hallucinations with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 27, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 1,031 people (1.31%) have Hallucinations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Hallucinations *:
- < 1 month: 22.07 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.48 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.21 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.96 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.41 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.26 %
- 10+ years: 3.6 %
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Paxil *:
- female: 60.8 %
- male: 39.2 %
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.01 %
- 10-19: 10.4 %
- 20-29: 7.64 %
- 30-39: 14.79 %
- 40-49: 15.16 %
- 50-59: 13.66 %
- 60+: 36.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (53 people, 5.14%)
- High Blood Pressure (51 people, 4.95%)
- Parkinson's Disease (48 people, 4.66%)
- Multiple Myeloma (43 people, 4.17%)
- Panic Disorder (41 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (110 people, 10.67%)
- Ativan (103 people, 9.99%)
- Zyprexa (81 people, 7.86%)
- Zometa (78 people, 7.57%)
- Albuterol (72 people, 6.98%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation (219 people, 21.24%)
- Insomnia (193 people, 18.72%)
- Nausea (184 people, 17.85%)
- Fatigue (182 people, 17.65%)
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (180 people, 17.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hallucinations when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is hallucinations caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHallucinations and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHallucinations and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,155 users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 39,648 Hallucinations patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HallucinationsHallucinations
Could your condition cause HallucinationsHallucinations
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My wife has been taking Xyrem for 3-4 months. It has been an outstandingly positive experience for her. As she states, she feels she has arisen out of a 17-year coma. However, recently she has a serious setback. She had a hallucination of an event with customers at work. She called ...
I have been on one med or another for 25 yrs ,this happened to me in 2015 and prompted me to quit all metal health meds and lost trust in doctors in the field. it started when Trazodone was added. My dreams were very vivid and sometimes kind of scary, I would lucid dream, taking control when I ...
Hello, my husband has a severe height issue and has severe anxiety attacks. He cannot look at heights looking up or down. He freezes up, gets dizzy, cries, shakes, gets nauseated, sweats, can't sleep, headaches and gets verbal meanly. His attacks are with every day life. It's like he over ...
User posts to the study
Hi, I had a life threatening illness and developed acute anxiety that escalated and also depression. I was started on effexor just 5 days ago. I have had nausea, insomnia although just two nights, dilated pupils which feaked me out, looked like I had a weird stare and then started to have ...
Hi everyone, I am joining on behalf of my Dad who has alzheimer's disease. He is 82. He has been on Carbamazepine since he was in is 60's. He had one seizure and was put on this drug. With his recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's, Paxil has been added to his drug regimen. I had no idea there ...
I am trying to find out how long the adverse side effect of hallucinations will last. My mother, 86 very soon to be 87, has had hallucinations after taking one pill. Trying to decide if the hallucinations are an adverse side effect or from another problem. She took the pill yesterday around ...
having problems seeing people in my yard on my roof like their trying to harm but there is no one there my family says its only hallutinations and they are right but still see these things is it this medicine