Paxil and Macular oedema - from FDA reports
Macular oedema is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Avandia, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Macular oedema with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Macular oedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular oedema when taking Paxil *:
- female: 68.75 %
- male: 31.25 %
Age of people who have Macular oedema when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.69 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 76.92 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 25.00%
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 3 people, 18.75%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 18.75%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 6.25%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Avandia: 8 people, 50.00%
- Coreg: 6 people, 37.50%
- Lorazepam: 5 people, 31.25%
- Levaquin: 5 people, 31.25%
- Clonidine: 5 people, 31.25%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vision Blurred: 8 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 50.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 8 people, 50.00%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 37.50%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 6 people, 37.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Paxil and have Macular oedema?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Macular oedema
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,159 users)
Macular oedema (fluid and protein deposits collect on or under the macula of the eye (a yellow central area of the retina) and causes it to thicken) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 5,014 Macular oedema patients).
Drugs that are associated with Macular oedemaMacular oedema (1,048 drugs)
Could your condition cause Macular oedemaMacular oedema (622 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (78,804 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Macular Oedema
- Support group for people who have Macular Oedema
- Support group for people who take Paxil
Can you answer these questions
- Is it safe to take Paxil & atenolol
- Take 67.5 paxil. Dr just ordered trintellex. Internet says they can affect each other, any advice please??
- Hello, my husband has a severe height issue and has severe anxiety attacks. He cannot look at heights looking up or down. He freezes up, gets dizzy, cries, shakes, gets nauseated, sweats, can't sleep, headaches and gets verbal meanly. His attacks are with every day life. It's like he over...
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 74 years old I have been on Paxil for 25 years and it always worked good for me. Two months ago I missed four pills, Now I have this ringing in my head that never goes away.
- does anyone else have general body swelling on generic paxil? Ive been on both and seems like name brand does not affect me that way but I have to deal the cost.
- I have been on paxil 10mg for three weeks and have started having bouts of crying and feeling hopeless. I am going off this med.
- Hello everyone, this is my first group of any kind, especially for addiction. I’ve been feeling really nervous lately becaus I had a horrible infection from MRSA which I contribute to iv drug use. I spent 5 days in the hospital. Since I’ve been home, 3 days now, I have had a strong desire to be...
- Hello, Has anyone experienced psychological affects from taking these 2 drugs together? My husband drinks beer and takes these 2 drugs along with a few other for high blood pressure. I have been noticing sever psychological abnormalities with him and I am trying to figure out why.
- Pepcid Complete and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine drug interaction
- Will you have Mood Swings with Lamotrigine?
- Will you have Mood Stabilizer with Lamotrigine?
- Will you have Mood Altered with Lamotrigine?
- Will you have Pain - Head with Bacitracin-Neomycin-Polymyxin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Pepcid Complete and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
- Support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Mood Swings?
- Support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Mood Stabilizer?
- Support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Mood Altered?
- Support group for people who take Bacitracin-Neomycin-Polymyxin and have Pain - Head?
- What to expect when you take Pepcid Complete and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
- What to expect when you take Lamotrigine and have Mood Swings?
- What to expect when you take Lamotrigine and have Mood Stabilizer?
- What to expect when you take Lamotrigine and have Mood Altered?
- What to expect when you take Bacitracin-Neomycin-Polymyxin and have Pain - Head?
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Xyrem, Modafinil
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Bactrim, Prednisone, Xanax, Lipitor, Valcyte, Coreg, Creon, Magnesium, Prograf, Dexilant
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Klonopin, Pregabalin, Endep
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Rifampin, Isoniazid, Ethambutol Hydrochloride
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.