Paxil and Macular oedema - from FDA reports
Macular oedema is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Avandia, and have Multiple sclerosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,154 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
81,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 17 people (0.02%) have Macular oedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular oedema when taking Paxil *:
- female: 70.59 %
- male: 29.41 %
Age of people who have Macular oedema when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 78.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 23.53%
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 3 people, 17.65%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 17.65%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 1 person, 5.88%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 5.88%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Avandia: 8 people, 47.06%
- Coreg: 6 people, 35.29%
- Levaquin: 5 people, 29.41%
- Clonidine: 5 people, 29.41%
- Lorazepam: 5 people, 29.41%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 8 people, 47.06%
- Vision Blurred: 8 people, 47.06%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 47.06%
- Injury: 6 people, 35.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 35.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Macular oedema while taking Paxil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Macular oedema
- Subscribe to monitor Macular oedema in Paxil
You are not alone:
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 84,532 users)
Macular oedema (fluid and protein deposits collect on or under the macula of the eye (a yellow central area of the retina) and causes it to thicken) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 6,141 Macular oedema patients).
Drugs that are associated with Macular oedemaMacular oedema (1,079 drugs)
Could your condition cause Macular oedemaMacular oedema (629 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (81,177 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Depressed Level Of Consciousness with Enbrel? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discoloration with High Blood Pressure? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discolouration with High Blood Pressure? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Pain with Navelbine? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Stiffness In A Joint with Navelbine? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin, Singulair, Lipitor, Amlodipine, Hctz, Pantoprazole - 35 minutes ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Keflex - an hour ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Xeljanz Xr, Coumadin, Methylprednisolone for a 52 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Bystolic, Irbesartan - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.