Paxil and Major depression - from FDA reports
Major depression is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,154 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
81,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 236 people (0.29%) have Major depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Major depression *:
- < 1 month: 13.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.43 %
Gender of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- female: 56.78 %
- male: 43.22 %
Age of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.52 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 25 people, 10.59%
- Pain: 25 people, 10.59%
- Sleep Disorder: 19 people, 8.05%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 17 people, 7.20%
- Parkinson's Disease: 13 people, 5.51%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel: 76 people, 32.20%
- Effexor: 44 people, 18.64%
- Zyprexa: 41 people, 17.37%
- Lexapro: 38 people, 16.10%
- Xanax: 38 people, 16.10%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation: 107 people, 45.34%
- Headache (pain in head): 65 people, 27.54%
- Dizziness: 64 people, 27.12%
- Suicide Attempt: 59 people, 25.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 56 people, 23.73%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Major depression while taking Paxil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Major depression
- Subscribe to monitor Major depression in Paxil
You are not alone:
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 84,532 users)
Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) has been reported by people with depression, pain, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, major depression (latest reports from 26,290 Major depression patients).
Drugs that are associated with Major depressionMajor depression (1,405 drugs)
Could your condition cause Major depressionMajor depression (1,070 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (81,177 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Stroke Symptom with Xeloda? - now
- What to expect when you take Androgel and have Loss Of Smell? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lactate Pyruvate Ratio Increased with Scurvy? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Urine Odour Abnormal with Intron A? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Urine Odor Abnormal with Intron A? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Temazepam, Gabapentin - 21 minutes ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Spironolactone - 35 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride, Caffeine, Amlodipine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Multivitamin, Losartan Potassium, Glucotrol Xl - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12, Protonix, Tecfidera, Junel Fe 1/20, Vitamin D3 - an hour ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.