Paxil and Major depression - from FDA reports
Major depression is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Major depression with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 235 people (0.3%) have Major depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Major depression *:
- < 1 month: 13.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 32.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.21 %
- 10+ years: 1.89 %
Gender of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- female: 56.6 %
- male: 43.4 %
Age of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.52 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.81 %
- 20-29: 3.11 %
- 30-39: 13.99 %
- 40-49: 32.12 %
- 50-59: 25.39 %
- 60+: 16.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 25 people, 10.64%
- Pain: 25 people, 10.64%
- Sleep Disorder: 19 people, 8.09%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 17 people, 7.23%
- Parkinson's Disease: 13 people, 5.53%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel: 76 people, 32.34%
- Effexor: 44 people, 18.72%
- Zyprexa: 41 people, 17.45%
- Xanax: 38 people, 16.17%
- Lexapro: 38 people, 16.17%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation: 107 people, 45.53%
- Headache (pain in head): 65 people, 27.66%
- Dizziness: 64 people, 27.23%
- Suicide Attempt: 59 people, 25.11%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 56 people, 23.83%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Major depression
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Major depression in Paxil
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Paxil and Major depression
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,159 users)
Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) has been reported by people with depression, pain, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, major depression (latest reports from 22,240 Major depression patients).
Drugs that are associated with Major depressionMajor depression (1,144 drugs)
Could your condition cause Major depressionMajor depression (1,071 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (78,804 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Major Depression
- Support group for people who have Major Depression
- Support group for people who take Paxil
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, my name is Laurie and I have Type 2 Diabetes. I also suffer from depression and anxiety for which I take medication. I take Metformin and Invokana for the Diabetes (which helped me lose some weight). I’ve tried Trulicity (injectable) and it definitely messed with my head so I stopped taking...
- Just wondering how common this is and where to get help
- Hi there, I am concerned I have had serotonin syndrome as was unwell last week, for over a week and put it down to having a tummy bug. I have only just started to feel better emotionally -Less Depressed on an increase from 10 -20 Paroxatine, so didn't want the Doctors to take me down to 10 mg
- The veteran's hospital has put me on tons of medications with no counseling of effects. I'm having severe not flashes. They started in 2006. I had ovaries removed in 2015. I've tried estradiol and progesterone creams. Just stopped taking simvastatin 40mg to see if it was the reason. No...
- I got my first DVT 6 months after I started Paxil. I got my second one after 2 yrs. Are there any lawsuits against this company? Thanks for any help.
- Will you have High Blood Pressure with Neupogen?
- Will you have Metallic Taste with Paroxetine?
- Will you have Mood Changes with Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- Will you have Tooth Abscess with Vicodin?
- Will you have Thrombocytopenia with Duricef?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Neupogen and have High Blood Pressure?
- Support group for people who take Paroxetine and have Metallic Taste?
- Support group for people who have Trigeminal Neuralgia and Mood Changes?
- Support group for people who take Vicodin and have Tooth Abscess?
- Support group for people who take Duricef and have Thrombocytopenia?
- Hi. I have been taking Plaquenil for about two years since I was diagnosed with lupus, Mctd,...
- I have been on this drug for over 10 years as well as steroids. I take them for auto immune...
- I have been so sick with this metallic taste in my mouth for almost 2 years..will call my...
- I've been on anastrozole since 12/2016...sick to my stomach with metallic taste..I just discovered...
- My wife was treated for stage 3 breast cancer in 2016 and has been taking letrozole since the fall...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.