Paxil and Major depression - from FDA reports
Major depression is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Insomnia. This review analyzes which people have Major depression with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 15, 2018
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 235 people (0.3%) have Major depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Major depression *:
- < 1 month: 13.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 32.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.21 %
- 10+ years: 1.89 %
Gender of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- female: 56.6 %
- male: 43.4 %
Age of people who have Major depression when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.52 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.81 %
- 20-29: 3.11 %
- 30-39: 13.99 %
- 40-49: 32.12 %
- 50-59: 25.39 %
- 60+: 16.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (25 people, 10.64%)
- Insomnia (25 people, 10.64%)
- Sleep Disorder (19 people, 8.09%)
- Bipolar Disorder (17 people, 7.23%)
- Parkinson's Disease (13 people, 5.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (76 people, 32.34%)
- Effexor (44 people, 18.72%)
- Zyprexa (41 people, 17.45%)
- Xanax (38 people, 16.17%)
- Lexapro (38 people, 16.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation (107 people, 45.53%)
- Headache (65 people, 27.66%)
- Dizziness (64 people, 27.23%)
- Suicide Attempt (59 people, 25.11%)
- Insomnia (56 people, 23.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Major depression when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is major depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMajor depression and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMajor depression and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,155 users)
Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) has been reported by people with depression, pain, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, major depression (latest reports from 22,236 Major depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Major depressionMajor depression
Could your condition cause Major depressionMajor depression
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, my husband has a severe height issue and has severe anxiety attacks. He cannot look at heights looking up or down. He freezes up, gets dizzy, cries, shakes, gets nauseated, sweats, can't sleep, headaches and gets verbal meanly. His attacks are with every day life. It's like he over ...
been totally and suddenly cut off of my Xanax because the test every one of them said I had none in my system and I know this is absolutely not so I am very upset they gave me a new phyciatrist and when I went to meet her for the first time she didn't say high by yada yada yada she went right ...
User posts to the study
Hi everyone, I am joining on behalf of my Dad who has alzheimer's disease. He is 82. He has been on Carbamazepine since he was in is 60's. He had one seizure and was put on this drug. With his recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's, Paxil has been added to his drug regimen. I had no idea there ...
I have been on Paxil for 14 years . I went on it cause i thought my hair was thinning and i had high anxiety .However when i lok back at pics my hair was great but it is thinner than it was 14years ago