Paxil and Malabsorption - from FDA reports
Malabsorption is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benicar Hct, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,154 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
81,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 34 people (0.04%) have Malabsorption
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Malabsorption *:
- < 1 month: 40 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Malabsorption when taking Paxil *:
- female: 80.77 %
- male: 19.23 %
Age of people who have Malabsorption when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.33 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 26.67 %
- 60+: 53.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 19 people, 55.88%
- Thyroid Cancer: 4 people, 11.76%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 8.82%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 8.82%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 8.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benicar Hct: 12 people, 35.29%
- Benicar: 11 people, 32.35%
- Bactrim Ds: 6 people, 17.65%
- Cymbalta: 5 people, 14.71%
- Amlodipine: 5 people, 14.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 9 people, 26.47%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 7 people, 20.59%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 6 people, 17.65%
- Metabolic Alkalosis (too much bicarbonate in the blood): 6 people, 17.65%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 17.65%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Malabsorption while taking Paxil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Malabsorption
- Subscribe to monitor Malabsorption in Paxil
You are not alone:
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 84,532 users)
Malabsorption (a state arising from abnormality in absorption of food nutrients across the gastrointestinal (gi) tract) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, depression (latest reports from 5,849 Malabsorption patients).
Drugs that are associated with MalabsorptionMalabsorption (1,238 drugs)
Could your condition cause MalabsorptionMalabsorption (854 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (81,177 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Amlodipine and Creon drug interaction - now
- Will you have Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Heart with Vitamin K1? - now
- Permapen and Taxotere drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Weakness with Nasacort? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscular Weakness with Nasacort? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Keflex - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Otezla - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Vyvanse, Lexapro - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Atarax - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.