Paxil and Swelling - from FDA reports
Swelling is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Swelling with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 489 people (0.62%) have Swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Swelling *:
- < 1 month: 16.28 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.3 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.65 %
- 2 - 5 years: 23.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.33 %
- 10+ years: 2.33 %
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Paxil *:
- female: 78.25 %
- male: 21.75 %
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.28 %
- 20-29: 1.79 %
- 30-39: 5.38 %
- 40-49: 36.15 %
- 50-59: 25.38 %
- 60+: 30.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (66 people, 13.50%)
- Muscle Spasms (56 people, 11.45%)
- Multiple Myeloma (55 people, 11.25%)
- Sleep Disorder (50 people, 10.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (47 people, 9.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (178 people, 36.40%)
- Ambien (137 people, 28.02%)
- Aredia (117 people, 23.93%)
- Ativan (109 people, 22.29%)
- Percocet (108 people, 22.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (263 people, 53.78%)
- Rashes (185 people, 37.83%)
- Nausea (174 people, 35.58%)
- Fatigue (171 people, 34.97%)
- Weakness (160 people, 32.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Swelling when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwelling and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwelling and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,858 Swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SwellingSwelling
Could your condition cause SwellingSwelling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...