Paxil and Swelling - from FDA reports
Swelling is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Swelling with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 552 people (0.7%) have Swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Swelling *:
- < 1 month: 23.91 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.96 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.35 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.74 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.17 %
- 10+ years: 2.17 %
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Paxil *:
- female: 77.59 %
- male: 22.41 %
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.81 %
- 20-29: 2.04 %
- 30-39: 5.43 %
- 40-49: 35.52 %
- 50-59: 24.66 %
- 60+: 30.54 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 66 people, 11.96%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 56 people, 10.14%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 55 people, 9.96%
- Sleep Disorder: 50 people, 9.06%
- High Blood Pressure: 47 people, 8.51%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 178 people, 32.25%
- Ambien: 141 people, 25.54%
- Aredia: 117 people, 21.20%
- Ativan: 112 people, 20.29%
- Percocet: 110 people, 19.93%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 263 people, 47.64%
- Rashes (redness): 187 people, 33.88%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 184 people, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 181 people, 32.79%
- Weakness: 170 people, 30.80%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Swelling in Paxil
- Subscribe to monitor Paxil
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Swelling
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,159 users)
Swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,861 Swelling patients).
Drugs that are associated with SwellingSwelling (1,698 drugs)
Could your condition cause SwellingSwelling (2,340 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (78,804 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Swelling
- Support group for people who have Swelling
- Support group for people who take Paxil
You may be interested in these posts
- Just wondering how common this is and where to get help
- I've recently been diagnosed with allergy induced asthma and have been taking Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide inhalation powder). I have been taking it for about 6 weeks to two months and this weekend I started having a lot of swelling in my feet and lower legs. More than I've ever had before....
- Hi there, I am concerned I have had serotonin syndrome as was unwell last week, for over a week and put it down to having a tummy bug. I have only just started to feel better emotionally -Less Depressed on an increase from 10 -20 Paroxatine, so didn't want the Doctors to take me down to 10 mg
- Having edema in only one leg.
- Hi, I'm Keith and I got permanent edema from Piroxicam. Awful drug.
- Will you have Aggression with Proair Hfa?
- Will you have Diabetes Mellitus with Pentasa?
- Will you have Asthenia with Zyclara?
- Will you have Heartburn with Donepezil?
- Will you have Chest Wall Abscess with Zocor?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Proair Hfa and have Aggression?
- Support group for people who take Pentasa and have Diabetes Mellitus?
- Support group for people who take Zyclara and have Asthenia?
- Support group for people who take Donepezil and have Heartburn?
- Support group for people who take Zocor and have Chest Wall Abscess?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.