Peg-intron and Bedridden - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bedridden is found among people who take Peg-intron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Peg-intron and have Bedridden. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,138 people who have side effects when taking Peg-intron from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,138 people reported to have side effects when taking Peg-intron.
Among them, 14 people (0.13%) have Bedridden.
What is Peg-intron?
Peg-intron has active ingredients of peginterferon alfa-2b. eHealthMe is studying from 11,142 Peg-intron users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bedridden?
Bedridden is found to be associated with 1,433 drugs and 1,054 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Peg-intron and Bedridden reports submitted per year:
Time on Peg-intron when people have Bedridden *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bedridden when taking Peg-intron *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Bedridden when taking Peg-intron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 80 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Peg-intron *:
- Rebetol: 9 people, 64.29%
- Ribavirin: 4 people, 28.57%
- Lyrica: 3 people, 21.43%
- Victrelis: 2 people, 14.29%
- Zoloft: 1 person, 7.14%
- Incivek: 1 person, 7.14%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 7.14%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 7.14%
- Ativan: 1 person, 7.14%
- Buspirone Hydrochloride: 1 person, 7.14%
Common side effects people have besides Bedridden *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 78.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 64.29%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 42.86%
- Weakness: 6 people, 42.86%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 35.71%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 5 people, 35.71%
- Depression: 5 people, 35.71%
- Hair Loss: 5 people, 35.71%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 5 people, 35.71%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 35.71%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 14 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 7.14%
- Pain: 1 person, 7.14%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 7.14%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 7.14%
- Chondropathy (disease of the cartilage): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Peg-intron and have Bedridden?Check whether Bedridden is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Bedridden and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of peginterferon alfa-2b:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Peg-intron:
- Peg-intron (11,142 reports)
Common Peg-intron side effects:
Browse all side effects of Peg-intron:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bedridden treatments and more:
- Bedridden (12,977 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bedridden:
- Bedridden in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bedridden in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bedridden in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bedridden:
All the drugs that are associated with Bedridden:
- Bedridden (1,433 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bedridden:
All the conditions that are associated with Bedridden:
- Bedridden (1,054 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on peginterferon alfa-2b (the active ingredients of Peg-intron) and Peg-intron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Myasthenia Gravis and drugs of ingredients of sildenafil citrate - now
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid and Procedural Nausea - 13 seconds ago
- Silodosin and Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased - 14 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Arthritis Fungal - 18 seconds ago
- Pioglitazone and Diclofenac Sodium drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Erleada and Death - 27 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Sinusitis - 37 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Sinusitis - Acute - 37 seconds ago
- Rituxan and Dermatomyositis - 38 seconds ago
- Cromolyn Sodium and Anger - 42 seconds ago