Pegintron and Skin discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin discomfort is found among people who take Pegintron, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pegintron and have Skin discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,293 people who have side effects when taking Pegintron from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Pegintron.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Skin discomfort.
What is Pegintron?
Pegintron has active ingredients of peginterferon alfa-2b. It is often used in hepatitis c. eHealthMe is studying from 10,324 Pegintron users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin discomfort?
Skin discomfort (skin pain/irritation) is found to be associated with 580 drugs and 219 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pegintron and Skin discomfort reports submitted per year:
Time on Pegintron when people have Skin discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Skin discomfort when taking Pegintron *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Skin discomfort when taking Pegintron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Pegintron *:
- Victrelis: 3 people, 50.00%
- Ribavirin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Rebetol: 3 people, 50.00%
- Incivek: 2 people, 33.33%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 16.67%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Atenolol: 1 person, 16.67%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 16.67%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 16.67%
- Glyburide: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Skin discomfort *:
- Itching: 3 people, 50.00%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 3 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Irritability: 1 person, 16.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 16.67%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 16.67%
- Bradyphrenia (neurological term referring to the slowness of thought common to many disorders of the brain): 1 person, 16.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 16.67%
- Chills (felling of cold): 1 person, 16.67%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pegintron and have Skin discomfort?Check whether Skin discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Skin discomfort and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of peginterferon alfa-2b:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pegintron:
- Pegintron (10,324 reports)
Common Pegintron side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,231 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,150 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1,145 reports
- Fever: 1,000 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 816 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 769 reports
Browse all side effects of Pegintron:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin discomfort treatments and more:
- Skin discomfort (2,127 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin discomfort:
- Skin discomfort in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin discomfort in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin discomfort in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin discomfort:
All the drugs that are associated with Skin discomfort:
- Skin discomfort (580 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin discomfort:
- Acne: 481 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Skin discomfort:
- Skin discomfort (219 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on peginterferon alfa-2b (the active ingredients of Pegintron) and Pegintron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Electroencephalogram Abnormal and Stress And Anxiety - 2 seconds ago
- Covera-Hs and Feldene drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Bromocriptine Mesylate and Thiamine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Acidophilus and Weight Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Konakion and Cardiogenic Shock - 16 seconds ago
- Ativan and Blood Sodium Decreased - 20 seconds ago
- Lotensin and Abiraterone Acetate drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Lymecycline and Epiduo drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Breast Calcifications - 24 seconds ago
- Tricor and Spinal Fusion Surgery - 31 seconds ago