Penicillin and Confusion - from FDA reports
Confusion is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Confusion with Penicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,439 people who have side effects when taking Penicillin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
2,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin.
Among them, 6 people (0.25%) have Confusion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Penicillin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Penicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Routine Health Maintenance (1 person, 16.67%)
- Muscle Twitching (1 person, 16.67%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1 person, 16.67%)
- Hiv Infection (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (2 people, 33.33%)
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 16.67%)
- Peridex (1 person, 16.67%)
- Aricept (1 person, 16.67%)
- Adalat (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (3 people, 50.00%)
- Mental Status Changes (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypoaesthesia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Heart Palpitations (2 people, 33.33%)
- Confusional State (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Confusion when taking Penicillin?
- Check symptoms - is confusion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConfusion and drugs with ingredients of penicillin g potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConfusion and Penicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 3,000 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 46,236 Confusion patients).
Browse all side effects of Penicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConfusionConfusion
Could your condition cause ConfusionConfusion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am on diamox. Can it make it so your more liking to get kidney stones. Also does diamox have any interactions with penicillin? Trazodone, Lyrica, plavix, lasik, tizanidine, protonix, amitriptyline. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby. Does it have any interactions with that as ...
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
User reviews to the study
I have been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and have been taking both doxycycline and penicillin for the past several weeks. My hair began falling out about a month before going on these antibiotics.
Hi, I'm brand new to this group, so I've not read any of your posts yet, but I will. Here's my situation: I take Gabapentin daily at bedtime , as I have intermittent neck pain and migraines. When I have a migraine, I take it throughout until the symptoms are better. However, I've noticed more ...
I have been taking penicillin (Pen VK) 250 mg every day as a prophylaxis against cellulitis (secondary to lymphedema) for the past 12 years. I have had a persistent cough and clearing of the throat for the last 10 years. Recently, I was tested for GERD, but that seems to be negative; my lungs ...