Penicillin and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Tylenol, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Penicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,439 people who have side effects when taking Penicillin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
2,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin.
Among them, 15 people (0.62%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Penicillin *:
- female: 76.92 %
- male: 23.08 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Penicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.29 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 20.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 20.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (2 people, 13.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (6 people, 40.00%)
- Zometa (4 people, 26.67%)
- Nexium (4 people, 26.67%)
- Lyrica (4 people, 26.67%)
- Oxycodone (3 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (7 people, 46.67%)
- Chest Pain (7 people, 46.67%)
- Breathing Difficulty (7 people, 46.67%)
- Headache (6 people, 40.00%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Penicillin?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of penicillin g potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Penicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 3,001 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 86,783 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Penicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am on diamox. Can it make it so your more liking to get kidney stones. Also does diamox have any interactions with penicillin? Trazodone, Lyrica, plavix, lasik, tizanidine, protonix, amitriptyline. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby. Does it have any interactions with that as ...
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
User reviews to the study
I have been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and have been taking both doxycycline and penicillin for the past several weeks. My hair began falling out about a month before going on these antibiotics.
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...