Percocet and Gastrointestinal erosion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal erosion is reported only by a few people who take Percocet.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Percocet and have Gastrointestinal erosion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,149 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,149 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Gastrointestinal erosion.
What is Percocet?
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 96,765 Percocet users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal erosion?
Gastrointestinal erosion (gradual destruction of gastrointestinal tract because of the inflamed mucous membrane lining the stomach) is found to be associated with 389 drugs and 248 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Percocet and Gastrointestinal erosion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal erosion when taking Percocet *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal erosion when taking Percocet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Percocet *:
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zocor: 2 people, 40.00%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Levaquin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lactulose: 1 person, 20.00%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 1 person, 20.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal erosion *:
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 40.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 40.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 40.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 40.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 40.00%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 1 person, 20.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 1 person, 20.00%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 20.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 20.00%
- Back Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Percocet and have Gastrointestinal erosion?Check whether Gastrointestinal erosion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastrointestinal erosion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Percocet:
- Percocet (96,765 reports)
Common Percocet side effects:
- Death: 15,739 reports
- Pain: 9,517 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,471 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 5,146 reports
Browse all side effects of Percocet:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal erosion treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal erosion (709 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal erosion:
- Gastrointestinal erosion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal erosion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal erosion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal erosion:
- Gastrointestinal erosion (389 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal erosion:
- Gastrointestinal erosion (248 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Percocet) and Percocet (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pliaglis and Skin Exfoliation - 19 seconds ago
- Vinorelbine Tartrate and Hepatitis Aggravated - 23 seconds ago
- Cerezyme and Suffocation Feeling - 30 seconds ago
- Etodolac and Levothroid drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Strattera and Haloperidol drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Meningioma Benign - 47 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Blood Testosterone Decreased - 54 seconds ago
- Carisoprodol and Hair Color Changes - a minute ago
- Glucotrol and Duopa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Sectral and Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome - a minute ago