Percocet and Heartburn - chronic - from FDA reports
Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn - chronic with Percocet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,400 people who have side effects when taking Percocet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
40,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet.
Among them, 1,079 people (2.67%) have Heartburn - chronic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Percocet when people have Heartburn - chronic *:
- < 1 month: 25.81 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.68 %
- 5 - 10 years: 45.16 %
- 10+ years: 3.23 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet *:
- female: 62.52 %
- male: 37.48 %
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet *:
- 0-1: 0.37 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 0.98 %
- 20-29: 2.2 %
- 30-39: 6.73 %
- 40-49: 19.46 %
- 50-59: 36.72 %
- 60+: 33.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (173 people, 16.03%)
- Stress And Anxiety (76 people, 7.04%)
- Osteoporosis (76 people, 7.04%)
- Depression (73 people, 6.77%)
- High Blood Pressure (71 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (545 people, 50.51%)
- Aredia (377 people, 34.94%)
- Lasix (302 people, 27.99%)
- Neurontin (294 people, 27.25%)
- Nexium (282 people, 26.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (596 people, 55.24%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (466 people, 43.19%)
- Breathing Difficulty (415 people, 38.46%)
- Weakness (399 people, 36.98%)
- High Blood Pressure (385 people, 35.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn - chronic caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn - chronic and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn - chronic and Percocet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 43,778 users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,263 Heartburn - chronic patients).
Browse all side effects of Percoceta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
Could your condition cause Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...