Will you have C. difficile colitis with Peridex - from FDA reports
C. difficile colitis is found among people who take Peridex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,074 people who have side effects when taking Peridex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on chlorhexidine gluconate (the active ingredients of Peridex) and Peridex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of C. difficile colitis are also considered in the study.
What is Peridex?
Peridex has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. (latest outcomes from Peridex 2,087 users)
What is C. difficile colitis?
C. difficile colitis has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 8,153 C. difficile colitis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Peridex.
Among them, 33 people (1.59%) have C. difficile colitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have C. difficile colitis when taking Peridex *:
- female: 78.12 %
- male: 21.88 %
Age of people who have C. difficile colitis when taking Peridex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 32.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 11 people, 33.33%
- Bone Disorder: 10 people, 30.30%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 21.21%
- Breast Cancer: 6 people, 18.18%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 9.09%
- Pain: 3 people, 9.09%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 9.09%
- Bone Loss: 2 people, 6.06%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 6.06%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 6.06%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 26 people, 78.79%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 17 people, 51.52%
- Flexeril: 16 people, 48.48%
- Lisinopril: 16 people, 48.48%
- Aranesp: 15 people, 45.45%
- Lovenox: 15 people, 45.45%
- Lasix: 14 people, 42.42%
- Neurontin: 12 people, 36.36%
- Percocet: 12 people, 36.36%
- Ativan: 12 people, 36.36%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 25 people, 75.76%
- Pain: 25 people, 75.76%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 22 people, 66.67%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 22 people, 66.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 21 people, 63.64%
- Depression: 21 people, 63.64%
- Tooth Loss: 20 people, 60.61%
- Pneumonia: 20 people, 60.61%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 20 people, 60.61%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 19 people, 57.58%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have C. difficile colitis while taking Peridex?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes C. difficile colitis
- Subscribe to monitor C. difficile colitis in Peridex
- Subscribe to monitor Peridex
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Peridex and have C. difficile colitis
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with C. difficile colitisC. difficile colitis (1,588 drugs)
Could your condition cause C. difficile colitisC. difficile colitis (1,193 conditions)
Peridex side effects
- Peridex side effects (2,075 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Peridexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Weight Increased with Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate? - a second ago
- Will you have Weight Gain - Unintentional with Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate? - a second ago
- Will you have Weight Gain with Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have High Blood Pressure with Levoleucovorin Calcium? - 3 seconds ago
- Hyzaar and Yaz drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypertension with Levoleucovorin Calcium? - 3 seconds ago
- Zopiclone and Jaborandi Pepper drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Effient and Caa'Inhem drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Sudafed 12 Hour and Bachelor'S Buttons drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Fatigue with Antidepressant Therapy? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Perindopril Erbumine - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Dulcolax, Zofran Odt - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Norco - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Xarelto - 9 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Abilify, Sertraline for a 44 year old woman - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 89 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Midodrine Hydrochloride - 16 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Spironolactone - 19 hours ago
- Prediction of Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 19 hours ago
- Prediction of Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 19 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.