Who have C. difficile colitis with Peridex - from FDA reports
C. difficile colitis is found among people who take Peridex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,074 people who have side effects when taking Peridex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Peridex.
Among them, 33 people (1.59%) have C. difficile colitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have C. difficile colitis when taking Peridex *:
- female: 78.12 %
- male: 21.88 %
Age of people who have C. difficile colitis when taking Peridex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 32.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 11 people, 33.33%
- Bone Disorder: 10 people, 30.30%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 21.21%
- Breast Cancer: 6 people, 18.18%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 9.09%
- Pain: 3 people, 9.09%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 9.09%
- Bone Loss: 2 people, 6.06%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 6.06%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 6.06%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 26 people, 78.79%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 17 people, 51.52%
- Flexeril: 16 people, 48.48%
- Lisinopril: 16 people, 48.48%
- Aranesp: 15 people, 45.45%
- Lovenox: 15 people, 45.45%
- Lasix: 14 people, 42.42%
- Neurontin: 12 people, 36.36%
- Percocet: 12 people, 36.36%
- Ativan: 12 people, 36.36%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 25 people, 75.76%
- Pain: 25 people, 75.76%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 22 people, 66.67%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 22 people, 66.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 21 people, 63.64%
- Depression: 21 people, 63.64%
- Tooth Loss: 20 people, 60.61%
- Pneumonia: 20 people, 60.61%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 20 people, 60.61%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 19 people, 57.58%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have C. difficile colitis while taking Peridex?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes C. difficile colitis
- Subscribe to monitor C. difficile colitis in Peridex
You are not alone:
Peridex has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. (latest outcomes from Peridex 2,053 users)
C. difficile colitis
C. difficile colitis has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 8,153 C. difficile colitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with C. difficile colitisC. difficile colitis (1,583 drugs)
Could your condition cause C. difficile colitisC. difficile colitis (1,192 conditions)
Peridex side effects
- Peridex side effects (2,041 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Peridexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Idiosyncratic Alcohol Intoxication with Norco? - a second ago
- Cellcept and Octocaine drug interactions for girls aged 0-1 - a second ago
- How effective is Prevpac for H. Pylori? - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Prevpac for Gastritis - Helicobacter Pylori? - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Prevpac for Helicobacter Pylori? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Soft Tissue Sarcoma with Eugenia Jambolana? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Electrolytes Abnormal with Actonel? - 6 seconds ago
- Levoxyl and Aleve drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Red Blood Cell Count Decreased with Herceptin? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Euphoric Mood with Saphris? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Acetyl-carnitine, Saw Palmetto, Herba Ginkgo Biloba - an hour ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Crestor, Otezla - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Losartan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Remicade - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall 30, Vistaril, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Prolia - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Amlodipine; Valsartan - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Xanax - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Ritalin, Gabapentin - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.