Permax and Cholestasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cholestasis is found among people who take Permax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Permax and have Cholestasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,523 people who have side effects when taking Permax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Permax.
Among them, 6 people (0.39%) have Cholestasis.
What is Permax?
Permax has active ingredients of pergolide mesylate. eHealthMe is studying from 1,525 Permax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cholestasis?
Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum) is found to be associated with 1,846 drugs and 1,656 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Permax and Cholestasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Permax when people have Cholestasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cholestasis when taking Permax *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Cholestasis when taking Permax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Permax *:
- Prozac: 3 people, 50.00%
- Tegretol: 3 people, 50.00%
- Effexor: 2 people, 33.33%
- Guaifenesin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Flonase: 2 people, 33.33%
- Flexeril: 2 people, 33.33%
- Fioricet: 2 people, 33.33%
- Enovid-E: 2 people, 33.33%
- Elavil: 2 people, 33.33%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Cholestasis *:
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 3 people, 50.00%
- Weight Loss: 2 people, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal: 2 people, 33.33%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 2 people, 33.33%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 2 people, 33.33%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow): 2 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 2 people, 33.33%
- Parkinson's Disease: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Permax and have Cholestasis?Check whether Cholestasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cholestasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pergolide mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Permax:
- Permax (1,525 reports)
Common Permax side effects:
Browse all side effects of Permax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cholestasis treatments and more:
- Cholestasis (19,762 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cholestasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (1,846 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cholestasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (1,656 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pergolide mesylate (the active ingredients of Permax) and Permax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flurbiprofen and Insomnia - 5 seconds ago
- Orap and Miosis - 7 seconds ago
- Morphine and Gingival Oedema - 13 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Dermatitis Exfoliative Aggravated - 14 seconds ago
- Actiq and Alprazolam drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Claritin and Dupuytren'S Contracture - 37 seconds ago
- Enalapril Maleate and Pandel drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Ultravate and Viagra drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Gilenya drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Macular Hole and drugs of ingredients of minoxidil - 56 seconds ago