Permax and Erythema multiforme - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Erythema multiforme is reported only by a few people who take Permax.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Permax and have Erythema multiforme. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,523 people who have side effects while taking Permax from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Permax.
Among them, 4 people (0.26%) have Erythema multiforme.
What is Permax?
Permax has active ingredients of pergolide mesylate. eHealthMe is studying from 1,525 Permax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Erythema multiforme?
Erythema multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction) is found to be associated with 2,913 drugs and 2,788 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Permax and Erythema multiforme reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Erythema multiforme when taking Permax *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Erythema multiforme when taking Permax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Permax *:
- Symmetrel: 4 people, 100.00%
- Carbidopa And Levodopa: 3 people, 75.00%
- Artane: 3 people, 75.00%
Common side effects people have besides Erythema multiforme *:
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Parkinson's Disease Aggravated: 2 people, 50.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 50.00%
- C-Reactive Protein Increased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight): 2 people, 50.00%
- Akinesia (loss of control of voluntary muscle movements): 2 people, 50.00%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 1 person, 25.00%
- Chillblains (small, itchy swellings on the skin that occur as a reaction to cold): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Permax and have Erythema multiforme?Check whether Erythema multiforme is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tognetti L, Giorgini S, Lotti T, "Erythema multiforme-like eruption from a slimming drug preparation cutaneous adverse drug reaction", Indian dermatology online journal, 2011 Jan .
How severe was Erythema multiforme and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pergolide mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Permax:
- Permax (1,525 reports)
Common Permax side effects:
- Pleural effusion (water on the lungs): 124 reports
- Fever: 122 reports
- Pneumonia: 113 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 110 reports
Browse all side effects of Permax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Erythema multiforme treatments and more:
- Erythema multiforme (51,188 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Erythema multiforme in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Erythema multiforme in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Lopurin: 2,664 reports
- Allopurinol: 2,664 reports
- Lamictal: 2,497 reports
- Bextra: 2,312 reports
- Ibu: 1,977 reports
- Ibuprofen: 1,977 reports
- Profen: 1,977 reports
- Lamotrigine: 1,774 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,774 reports
- Furosemide: 1,689 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme (2,913 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Erythema multiforme:
- High blood pressure: 2,546 reports
- Epilepsy: 1,791 reports
- Fever: 1,545 reports
- Pain: 1,525 reports
- Depression: 1,255 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme (2,788 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pergolide mesylate (the active ingredients of Permax) and Permax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pilocarpine Hydrochloride and Cough Aggravated - a second ago
- Amoxicillin and Protein-Losing Gastroenteropathy - 4 seconds ago
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Urine Output Decreased - 13 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Feeding Tube Complication - 18 seconds ago
- Combivent Respimat and Atelectasis - 28 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Urination - Excessive At Night - 29 seconds ago
- Reglan and Keveyis drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide and Rectal Bleeding - 34 seconds ago
- Loprox and Dermatomyositis - 36 seconds ago
- Calderol and Uterine Enlargement - 36 seconds ago