Phenazopyridine hcl and Multiple sclerosis relapse - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Multiple sclerosis relapse is found among people who take Phenazopyridine hcl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Phenazopyridine hcl and have Multiple sclerosis relapse. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,310 people who have side effects when taking Phenazopyridine hcl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenazopyridine hcl.
Among them, 19 people (1.45%) have Multiple sclerosis relapse.
What is Phenazopyridine hcl?
Phenazopyridine hcl has active ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 1,490 Phenazopyridine hcl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Multiple sclerosis relapse?
Multiple sclerosis relapse (reoccurrence of a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) is found to be associated with 1,670 drugs and 899 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Phenazopyridine hcl and Multiple sclerosis relapse reports submitted per year:
Time on Phenazopyridine hcl when people have Multiple sclerosis relapse *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis relapse when taking Phenazopyridine hcl *:
- female: 94.74 %
- male: 5.26 %
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis relapse when taking Phenazopyridine hcl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.76 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 76.47 %
- 60+: 5.88 %
Common drugs people take besides Phenazopyridine hcl *:
- Tysabri: 13 people, 68.42%
- Baclofen: 12 people, 63.16%
- Flomax: 9 people, 47.37%
- Zantac: 9 people, 47.37%
- Benadryl: 9 people, 47.37%
- Vicodin: 8 people, 42.11%
- Compazine: 8 people, 42.11%
- Norco: 8 people, 42.11%
- Colace: 8 people, 42.11%
- Wellbutrin Xl: 8 people, 42.11%
Common side effects people have besides Multiple sclerosis relapse *:
- Fall: 9 people, 47.37%
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (rapidly progressive neuromuscular disease caused by opportunistic infection of brain cells): 7 people, 36.84%
- Bladder Dysfunction: 6 people, 31.58%
- Weakness: 4 people, 21.05%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 21.05%
- Pneumonia Aspiration (bronchopneumonia that develops due to the entrance of foreign materials into the bronchial tree): 4 people, 21.05%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 3 people, 15.79%
- Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection (urinary tract infection by escherichia coli): 3 people, 15.79%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 15.79%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 15.79%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 15 people, 78.95%
- Pain: 8 people, 42.11%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 7 people, 36.84%
- Cystitis Interstitial (unknown cause characterized by bladder pain): 7 people, 36.84%
- Depression: 7 people, 36.84%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 7 people, 36.84%
- Migraine (headache): 7 people, 36.84%
- Sleep Disorder: 7 people, 36.84%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 36.84%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 7 people, 36.84%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Phenazopyridine hcl and have Multiple sclerosis relapse?Check whether Multiple sclerosis relapse is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Multiple sclerosis relapse and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Phenazopyridine hcl:
- Phenazopyridine hcl (1,490 reports)
Common Phenazopyridine hcl side effects:
- Pain: 259 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 190 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 184 reports
- Back pain: 152 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 142 reports
- Indigestion: 136 reports
- Joint pain: 134 reports
Browse all side effects of Phenazopyridine hcl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Multiple sclerosis relapse treatments and more:
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (79,845 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Multiple sclerosis relapse:
- Multiple sclerosis relapse in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Multiple sclerosis relapse in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Multiple sclerosis relapse in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Multiple sclerosis relapse:
- Tysabri: 20,637 reports
- Avonex: 14,705 reports
- Gilenya: 9,654 reports
- Tecfidera: 8,128 reports
- Ampyra: 5,172 reports
- Aubagio: 5,118 reports
- Rebif: 5,024 reports
- Copaxone: 4,934 reports
- Baclofen: 4,423 reports
- Vitamin d: 3,277 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Multiple sclerosis relapse:
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (1,670 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Multiple sclerosis relapse:
- Multiple sclerosis: 62,184 reports
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: 6,472 reports
- Depression: 1,468 reports
- Pain: 1,383 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,052 reports
- Muscle spasms: 751 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Multiple sclerosis relapse:
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (899 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on phenazopyridine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Phenazopyridine hcl) and Phenazopyridine hcl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prevacid 24 Hr and Arthrotec drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Adrenal Mass - 25 seconds ago
- Imodium A-D and Pyridoxine drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Ativan drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Arava and Versed drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Halotestin and Fluid Overload - 55 seconds ago
- Oruvail and Dislocation Of Joint Prosthesis - 57 seconds ago
- Vortioxetine Hydrobromide and Diverticulitis - 59 seconds ago
- Divalproex and Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged - a minute ago
- Paracetamol and Xylocaine Dental drug interaction - a minute ago