Who have Drug abuse with Phenytoin - from FDA reports
Drug abuse is found among people who take Phenytoin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diazepam, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,086 people who have side effects when taking Phenytoin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
12,086 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenytoin.
Among them, 58 people (0.48%) have Drug abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Phenytoin when people have Drug abuse *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Phenytoin *:
- female: 33.93 %
- male: 66.07 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Phenytoin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.85 %
- 20-29: 9.26 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 29.63 %
- 50-59: 14.81 %
- 60+: 27.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 5 people, 8.62%
- Depression: 5 people, 8.62%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 4 people, 6.90%
- Metastases To Spine (cancer spreads to spine): 4 people, 6.90%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 4 people, 6.90%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 3 people, 5.17%
- Convulsion Prophylaxis (prevention of seizure): 3 people, 5.17%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 2 people, 3.45%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 3.45%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 1.72%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diazepam: 12 people, 20.69%
- Fluoxetine: 11 people, 18.97%
- Alprazolam: 11 people, 18.97%
- Fentanyl: 10 people, 17.24%
- Oxycodone: 8 people, 13.79%
- Morphine Sulfate: 6 people, 10.34%
- Clonidine: 5 people, 8.62%
- Acetaminophen: 5 people, 8.62%
- Omeprazole: 5 people, 8.62%
- Amlodipine: 5 people, 8.62%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 10 people, 17.24%
- Cardiac Arrest: 9 people, 15.52%
- Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life): 7 people, 12.07%
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped: 7 people, 12.07%
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs): 6 people, 10.34%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 8.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 8.62%
- Weakness: 5 people, 8.62%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5 people, 8.62%
- Abdominal Pain: 5 people, 8.62%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Drug abuse while taking Phenytoin?
You are not alone:
Phenytoin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Phenytoin 12,340 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, depression (latest reports from 51,617 Drug abuse patients).
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuseDrug abuse (1,769 drugs)
Could your condition cause Drug abuseDrug abuse (1,280 conditions)
Phenytoin side effects
- Phenytoin side effects (12,093 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Phenytoina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wandalkar P, Daswani BR, Pandit PT, Ghongane BB, "A case of Phenytoin toxicity", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCES IN PHARMACY, BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen and Dexilant drug interaction - now
- What to expect when you take Nyquil and have Pituitary Tumour? - now
- Cryselle and Galega Patula drug interaction - now
- Dexamethasone and Saccharomyces drug interaction - a second ago
- Lexiscan and Lacrisert drug interaction - a second ago
- Men aged 20-29 who have Hair Loss with Ranexa - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Peripheral Neuritis with Emend? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Neuropathy - Peripheral with Emend? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Neuropathy with Emend? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Neuritis - Peripheral with Emend? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Curcuminoids, Ranitidine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin) - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Prazosin Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin Calcium, Fluoxetine, Memantine, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vyvanse, Spironolactone, Modafinil, Linzess, Botox, Latuda - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Lipitor, Effient, Metformin, Aspirin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Sensipar - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.