Piperacillin and tazobactam and Bladder obstruction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bladder obstruction is reported only by a few people who take Piperacillin And Tazobactam.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Piperacillin and tazobactam and have Bladder obstruction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,074 people who have side effects while taking Piperacillin and tazobactam from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Piperacillin and tazobactam.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Bladder obstruction.
What is Piperacillin and tazobactam?
Piperacillin and tazobactam has active ingredients of piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 10,085 Piperacillin and tazobactam users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bladder obstruction?
Bladder obstruction is found to be associated with 437 drugs and 216 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Piperacillin and tazobactam and Bladder obstruction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bladder obstruction when taking Piperacillin and tazobactam *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Bladder obstruction when taking Piperacillin and tazobactam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Piperacillin and tazobactam *:
- Vancomycin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Metformin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Januvia: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Bladder obstruction *:
- Urine Output Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Unilateral Hydronephrosis (kidney stone that causes obstruction of the ureter): 1 person, 50.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 1 person, 50.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 1 person, 50.00%
- Metabolic Acidosis (body produces too much acid, or when the kidneys are not removing enough acid from the body): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 1 person, 50.00%
- Eyelid Oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid): 1 person, 50.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urosepsis (secondary infection that occurs when a urinary tract infection spreads to the bloodstream): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Piperacillin and tazobactam and have Bladder obstruction?Check whether Bladder obstruction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Bladder obstruction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Piperacillin and tazobactam:
- Piperacillin and tazobactam (10,085 reports)
Common Piperacillin and tazobactam side effects:
Browse all side effects of Piperacillin and tazobactam:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bladder obstruction treatments and more:
- Bladder obstruction (788 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bladder obstruction:
- Bladder obstruction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bladder obstruction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bladder obstruction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Bladder obstruction:
- Bladder obstruction (437 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Bladder obstruction:
- Bladder obstruction (216 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium (the active ingredients of Piperacillin and tazobactam) and Piperacillin and tazobactam (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Herceptin and Tachypnea - 9 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Granuloma Annulare - 13 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Pyridoxine drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Venofer and Nexium drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Keppra and Aredia drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride and Stem Cell Transplant - 40 seconds ago
- Onfi and Stress And Anxiety - a minute ago
- Suboxone and Vivelle drug interaction - a minute ago
- Norvasc and Illusion - 2 minutes ago
- Infection and Tachyphrenia - 2 minutes ago