Piperacillin and Hypoaesthesia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypoaesthesia is found among people who take Piperacillin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Piperacillin and have Hypoaesthesia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,843 people who have side effects when taking Piperacillin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,843 people reported to have side effects when taking Piperacillin.
Among them, 34 people (0.7%) have Hypoaesthesia.
What is Piperacillin?
Piperacillin has active ingredients of piperacillin sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 4,849 Piperacillin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypoaesthesia?
Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation) is found to be associated with 3,468 drugs and 3,145 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Piperacillin and Hypoaesthesia reports submitted per year:
Time on Piperacillin when people have Hypoaesthesia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypoaesthesia when taking Piperacillin *:
- female: 65.62 %
- male: 34.38 %
Age of people who have Hypoaesthesia when taking Piperacillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.45 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 48.28 %
- 40-49: 6.9 %
- 50-59: 10.34 %
- 60+: 31.03 %
Common drugs people take besides Piperacillin *:
- Heparin: 17 people, 50.00%
- Meropenem: 5 people, 14.71%
- Betamethasone Sodium Phosphate: 5 people, 14.71%
- Dilaudid: 4 people, 11.76%
- Voriconazole: 4 people, 11.76%
- Hydrocortisone: 3 people, 8.82%
- Vancomycin: 3 people, 8.82%
- Maxipime: 3 people, 8.82%
- Famotidine: 3 people, 8.82%
- Keppra: 2 people, 5.88%
Common side effects people have besides Hypoaesthesia *:
- High Blood Pressure: 19 people, 55.88%
- Tachypnea: 18 people, 52.94%
- Breathing Difficulty: 18 people, 52.94%
- Urine Output - Decreased: 17 people, 50.00%
- Chest Pain: 16 people, 47.06%
- Drug Ineffective: 16 people, 47.06%
- Vaginal Bleeding: 16 people, 47.06%
- Abdominal Pain Lower: 16 people, 47.06%
- Blood Creatine Increased: 15 people, 44.12%
- Weakness: 7 people, 20.59%
Common conditions people have *:
- Maternal Therapy To Enhance Foetal Lung Maturity: 13 people, 38.24%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 11 people, 32.35%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 11.76%
- Pain: 4 people, 11.76%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 5.88%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 5.88%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 5.88%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 5.88%
- Computerised Tomogram Abdomen: 2 people, 5.88%
- Hypomagnesaemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of magnesium in the blood): 2 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Piperacillin and have Hypoaesthesia?Check whether Hypoaesthesia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hypoaesthesia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of piperacillin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Piperacillin:
- Piperacillin (4,849 reports)
Common Piperacillin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Piperacillin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypoaesthesia treatments and more:
- Hypoaesthesia (166,176 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypoaesthesia:
- Hypoaesthesia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypoaesthesia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypoaesthesia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypoaesthesia:
All the drugs that are associated with Hypoaesthesia:
- Hypoaesthesia (3,468 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypoaesthesia:
All the conditions that are associated with Hypoaesthesia:
- Hypoaesthesia (3,145 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on piperacillin sodium (the active ingredients of Piperacillin) and Piperacillin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluconazole and Eye Pruritus - 3 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Hyzaar drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Hc and Seroquel drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Right Ventricular Failure - 25 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Foaming At Mouth - 47 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Blister - 54 seconds ago
- Aleve and Alaway drug interaction - a minute ago
- Solaraze and Polyneuropathy - a minute ago
- Campath and Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis - a minute ago
- Gilenya and Urine Output Decreased - a minute ago