Piroxicam and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Piroxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Piroxicam and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,956 people who have side effects when taking Piroxicam from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,956 people reported to have side effects when taking Piroxicam.
Among them, 276 people (3.97%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Piroxicam?
Piroxicam has active ingredients of piroxicam. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,123 Piroxicam users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 5,083 drugs and 5,948 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Piroxicam and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Piroxicam when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Piroxicam*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Piroxicam *:
Common drugs people take besides Piroxicam *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Piroxicam and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kola E, Bakalli I, Celaj E, Lluka R, Heta S, Sallabanda S, "Stomach perforation from piroxicam poisoning", Paediatrics Today, 2012 Jun .
How severe was Breathing difficulty and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of piroxicam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Piroxicam:
- Piroxicam (7,123 reports)
Common Piroxicam side effects:
- Rashes (redness): 861 reports
- Drug ineffective: 745 reports
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 630 reports
- Pain: 615 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 594 reports
- Joint pain: 565 reports
- Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve): 558 reports
Browse all side effects of Piroxicam:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (579,790 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 37,839 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Furosemide: 19,316 reports
- Omeprazole: 18,194 reports
- Methotrexate: 17,095 reports
- Lasix: 16,702 reports
- Metformin: 16,584 reports
- Albuterol: 16,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,083 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 40,041 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 34,524 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,046 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,688 reports
- Pain: 15,332 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,948 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on piroxicam (the active ingredients of Piroxicam) and Piroxicam (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sectral and Initial Insomnia - 11 seconds ago
- Depo-Medrol and White Blood Cell Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Macrobid drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Ultracet vs. Xanax - 26 seconds ago
- Atelvia and Digoxin drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Azopt and Raynaud'S Phenomenon - 29 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Multiple Drug Overdose - 31 seconds ago
- Haloperidol Decanoate and Finger Deformity - 39 seconds ago
- Atomoxetine and Liver Injury - 48 seconds ago
- Zyprexa and Erection Problems - a minute ago