Will you have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection with Plaquenil - from FDA reports
Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Juvenile arthritis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,319 people who have side effects when taking Plaquenil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the active ingredients of Plaquenil) and Plaquenil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection are also considered in the study.
What is Plaquenil?
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 45,283 users)
What is Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection?
Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection (infection with streptococcus pyogenes, a beta-haemolytic bacterium cause mild to moderately severe respiratory tract, skin, and soft tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, birth control, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 1,206 Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
43,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil.
Among them, 24 people (0.06%) have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Plaquenil when people have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 83.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection when taking Plaquenil *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection when taking Plaquenil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Juvenile Arthritis (arthritis-related condition that develops in children or teenagers): 5 people, 20.83%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 3 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 8.33%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 4.17%
- Supplementation Therapy: 1 person, 4.17%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 1 person, 4.17%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 4.17%
- Polyarthritis (arthritis which involves 5 or more joints simultaneously): 1 person, 4.17%
- Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia: 1 person, 4.17%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 4.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 16 people, 66.67%
- Prednisone: 13 people, 54.17%
- Methotrexate: 11 people, 45.83%
- Arava: 10 people, 41.67%
- Folic Acid: 10 people, 41.67%
- Fosamax: 10 people, 41.67%
- Prevacid: 7 people, 29.17%
- Imuran: 7 people, 29.17%
- Oxycontin: 6 people, 25.00%
- Indomethacin: 6 people, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 11 people, 45.83%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 8 people, 33.33%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 7 people, 29.17%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 6 people, 25.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 6 people, 25.00%
- Malnutrition (condition that results from eating a diet in which certain nutrients are lacking): 6 people, 25.00%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 25.00%
- Skin Reaction: 6 people, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 25.00%
- Platelet Count Increased: 6 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection while taking Plaquenil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection
- Subscribe to monitor Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection in Plaquenil
- Subscribe to monitor Plaquenil
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Plaquenil and have Beta haemolytic streptococcal infection
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Beta haemolytic streptococcal infectionBeta haemolytic streptococcal infection (547 drugs)
Could your condition cause Beta haemolytic streptococcal infectionBeta haemolytic streptococcal infection (292 conditions)
Plaquenil side effects
- Plaquenil side effects (43,346 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Plaquenila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Plaquenil with similar drugs
- Plaquenil vs. Arava
- Plaquenil vs. Aspirin
- Plaquenil vs. Azathioprine
- Plaquenil vs. Benlysta
- Plaquenil vs. Celebrex
- Plaquenil vs. Cellcept
- Plaquenil vs. Diclofenac sodium
- Plaquenil vs. Fish oil
- Plaquenil vs. Gabapentin
- Plaquenil vs. Ibuprofen
- Plaquenil vs. Imuran
- Plaquenil vs. Leflunomide
- Plaquenil vs. Lyrica
- Plaquenil vs. Medrol
- Plaquenil vs. Meloxicam
- Plaquenil vs. Methotrexate
- Plaquenil vs. Methotrexate lpf
- Plaquenil vs. Methotrexate preservative free
- Plaquenil vs. Methotrexate sodium
- Plaquenil vs. Methylprednisolone
- Plaquenil vs. Mobic
- Plaquenil vs. Morphine sulfate
- Plaquenil vs. Mycophenolate mofetil
- Plaquenil vs. Mycophenolate mofetil hydrochloride
- Plaquenil vs. Naproxen sodium
- Plaquenil vs. Prednisolone
- Plaquenil vs. Prednisone
- Plaquenil vs. Relafen
- Plaquenil vs. Rituxan
- Plaquenil vs. Tramadol
- Plaquenil vs. Tramadol hydrochloride
- Plaquenil vs. Vicodin
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Therapeutic Procedural Complication with Lamictal? - now
- Will you have Temporal Memory Loss with Xifaxan? - a second ago
- Will you have Sudden Memory Loss with Xifaxan? - a second ago
- Will you have Sudden Forgetfulness with Xifaxan? - a second ago
- Will you have Short-Term Memory Loss with Xifaxan? - 2 seconds ago
- Vistaril and Factive drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Duphalac and Jamaica Dogwood drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Mirapex and Adipex-P drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Thrombin Time Abnormal with Lack Of Strength? - 3 seconds ago
- Nuvaring vs. Seasonique - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Ativan for a 46 year old woman - 22 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Labetalol Hydrocloride - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Prednisolone Acetate, Azithromycin, Omeprazole for a 53 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12 - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Depakote for a 36 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Benlysta, Plaquenil, Cellcept - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 16 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 17 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 18 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.