Plaquenil and Pinworms - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pinworms is reported only by a few people who take Plaquenil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Plaquenil and have Pinworms. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 80,685 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
80,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Pinworms.
What is Plaquenil?
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. eHealthMe is studying from 83,306 Plaquenil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pinworms?
Pinworms is found to be associated with 367 drugs and 319 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Plaquenil and Pinworms reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pinworms when taking Plaquenil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Pinworms when taking Plaquenil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Plaquenil *:
- Vitamin D: 1 person, 33.33%
- Flonase: 1 person, 33.33%
- Alendronate Sodium: 1 person, 33.33%
- Boniva: 1 person, 33.33%
- Codeine: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dexilant: 1 person, 33.33%
- Emverm: 1 person, 33.33%
- Estradiol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Pinworms *:
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 66.67%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 33.33%
- Medical Device Complication: 1 person, 33.33%
- Limb Asymmetry (consistent task discrepancy between the two lower limbs): 1 person, 33.33%
- Infusion Related Reaction: 1 person, 33.33%
- Impaired Healing: 1 person, 33.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fracture Nonunion (permanent failure of healing following a broken bone): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fracture Delayed Union (delayed cure of broken bone): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 33.33%
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin): 1 person, 33.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 33.33%
- Basedow's Disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Plaquenil and have Pinworms?Check whether Pinworms is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pinworms and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Plaquenil:
- Plaquenil (83,306 reports)
Common Plaquenil side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 27,218 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 18,054 reports
- Pain: 13,999 reports
- Joint pain: 12,296 reports
- Joint swelling: 11,202 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,129 reports
- Rashes (redness): 9,134 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,410 reports
Browse all side effects of Plaquenil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pinworms treatments and more:
- Pinworms (903 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pinworms:
- Pinworms in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pinworms in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pinworms in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Pinworms:
- Pinworms (367 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Pinworms:
- Pinworms (319 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the active ingredients of Plaquenil) and Plaquenil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fish Oil and Atenolol drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Palatal Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Ezetimibe and Clemastine Fumarate drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Multivitamin and Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Humalog Pen and Xarelto drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Cranberry Juice and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Dopamine Hydrochloride and Tirofiban Hydrochloride drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Xeljanz and Bipolar I Disorder - 56 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - a minute ago
- Zovirax and Micafungin Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago