Plaquenil and Venous insufficiency - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Venous insufficiency is reported only by a few people who take Plaquenil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Plaquenil and have Venous insufficiency. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 73,931 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
73,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Venous insufficiency.
What is Plaquenil?
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. eHealthMe is studying from 76,430 Plaquenil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Venous insufficiency?
Venous insufficiency (poor circulation of blood caused by damaged or enlarged veins) is found to be associated with 932 drugs and 517 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Plaquenil and Venous insufficiency reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Venous insufficiency when taking Plaquenil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Venous insufficiency when taking Plaquenil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Plaquenil *:
- Vitamin D2: 2 people, 50.00%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 50.00%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 50.00%
- Enbrel: 2 people, 50.00%
- Forteo: 2 people, 50.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Atenolol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depakote: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Venous insufficiency *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 75.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 50.00%
- Blood Albumin Abnormal: 2 people, 50.00%
- Mycobacterial Infection: 2 people, 50.00%
- Nail Disorder (disease of nail): 2 people, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 50.00%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fall: 1 person, 25.00%
- Enzyme Abnormality: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 50.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 25.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 25.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 25.00%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Plaquenil and have Venous insufficiency?Check whether Venous insufficiency is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Venous insufficiency and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Plaquenil:
- Plaquenil (76,430 reports)
Common Plaquenil side effects:
Browse all side effects of Plaquenil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Venous insufficiency treatments and more:
- Venous insufficiency (1,886 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Venous insufficiency:
- Venous insufficiency in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Venous insufficiency in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Venous insufficiency in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Venous insufficiency:
All the drugs that are associated with Venous insufficiency:
- Venous insufficiency (932 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Venous insufficiency:
All the conditions that are associated with Venous insufficiency:
- Venous insufficiency (517 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the active ingredients of Plaquenil) and Plaquenil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aczone and Therapeutic Response Decreased - 5 seconds ago
- Nasacort Aq and Gastric Ulcer - 6 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Magnesium Sulfate drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Dupixent and Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Urinary Incontinence and drugs of ingredients of acetylcysteine - 19 seconds ago
- Aleve and Carotid Arteriosclerosis - 24 seconds ago
- Alimta and Kidney Stones - 30 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone Acetonide and Swollen Tongue - 41 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Major Depression - 44 seconds ago
- Micronor and Breast Pain - 51 seconds ago