Plendil and Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding is found among people who take Plendil, especially for people who are 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Plendil and have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,838 people who have side effects when taking Plendil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,838 people reported to have side effects when taking Plendil.
Among them, 6 people (0.12%) have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding.
What is Plendil?
Plendil has active ingredients of felodipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 4,929 Plendil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding?
Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding is found to be associated with 1,719 drugs and 1,156 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Plendil and Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding when taking Plendil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Plendil *:
- Prevacid: 4 people, 66.67%
- Celexa: 3 people, 50.00%
- Compazine: 3 people, 50.00%
- Maxzide: 3 people, 50.00%
- Zocor: 3 people, 50.00%
- Nimotop: 3 people, 50.00%
- Fioricet: 3 people, 50.00%
- Pentoxifylline: 3 people, 50.00%
- Percocet: 3 people, 50.00%
- Plavix: 3 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding *:
- Abdominal Distension: 4 people, 66.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 66.67%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 66.67%
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 3 people, 50.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 50.00%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 3 people, 50.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3 people, 50.00%
- Hepatic Necrosis (large portions of liver die off due to severe liver disease): 2 people, 33.33%
- Affect Lability (emotional incontinence): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 3 people, 50.00%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 2 people, 33.33%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Plendil and have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding?Check whether Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
How severe was Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of felodipine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Plendil:
- Plendil (4,929 reports)
Common Plendil side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 328 reports
- High blood pressure: 317 reports
- Weakness: 316 reports
- Pain: 310 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 295 reports
- Chest pain: 234 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 230 reports
Browse all side effects of Plendil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding treatments and more:
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding (38,005 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding:
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding:
- Mirena: 3,840 reports
- Nexplanon: 2,527 reports
- Xarelto: 1,342 reports
- Paragard t 380a: 1,243 reports
- Nuvaring: 927 reports
- Plan b: 881 reports
- Plan b one-step: 837 reports
- Norplant: 805 reports
- Ortho evra: 789 reports
- Provera: 767 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding:
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding (1,719 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding:
- Birth control: 8,998 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,009 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis: 645 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 591 reports
- Endometriosis: 533 reports
- Depression: 529 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding:
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding (1,156 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on felodipine (the active ingredients of Plendil) and Plendil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lung Cancer - Small Cell and Appetite - Decreased - 5 seconds ago
- Lung Cancer - Small Cell and Appetite Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Restoril vs. Geodon - 13 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Ubiquinol drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Valium vs. Buspirone Hcl - 15 seconds ago
- Vimovo vs. Naltrexone Hydrochloride - 24 seconds ago
- Accuretic vs. Calan - 30 seconds ago
- Kenalog vs. Marinol - 35 seconds ago
- Cardizem Cd vs. Prilosec - 41 seconds ago
- Bleeding Into The Skin in Ibuprofen, how severe and when it was recovered? - 42 seconds ago