Polyethylene glycol 3350 and Proctitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,034 people who have side effects when taking Polyethylene glycol 3350. Proctitis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Aspirin and have Crohn's disease.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Polyethylene glycol 3350 and have Proctitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,034 people reported to have side effects when taking Polyethylene glycol 3350.
Among them, 10 people (0.33%) have Proctitis.
What is Polyethylene glycol 3350?
Polyethylene glycol 3350 has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is used in constipation. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,163 Polyethylene glycol 3350 users.
What is Proctitis?
Proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus) is found to be associated with 1,022 drugs and 592 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,944 people who have Proctitis.
Number of Polyethylene glycol 3350 and Proctitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Proctitis when taking Polyethylene glycol 3350 *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Proctitis when taking Polyethylene glycol 3350 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 22.22 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 55.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Polyethylene glycol 3350 *:
- Pantoprazole: 6 people, 60.00%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 60.00%
- Acetaminophen: 5 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D3: 5 people, 50.00%
- Imodium: 5 people, 50.00%
- Clarithromycin: 4 people, 40.00%
- Nicotinamide: 4 people, 40.00%
- Nicoderm Cq: 4 people, 40.00%
- Bisacodyl: 4 people, 40.00%
- Mupirocin: 4 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Proctitis *:
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 5 people, 50.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 4 people, 40.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 40.00%
- Vaginal Discharge: 4 people, 40.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 4 people, 40.00%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 4 people, 40.00%
- Oral Candidiasis (fungal infection of mouth): 4 people, 40.00%
- Female Genital Tract Fistula (passage in genital tract of female): 4 people, 40.00%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 40.00%
- Radiculopathy (a set of conditions in which one or more nerves is affected and does not work properly): 4 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 4 people, 40.00%
- Allergies: 4 people, 40.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 40.00%
- Fever: 3 people, 30.00%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 30.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 20.00%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 2 people, 20.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 20.00%
- Pericarditis (inflammation of the pericardium): 2 people, 20.00%
- Oral Candidiasis (fungal infection of mouth): 2 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Polyethylene glycol 3350 and have Proctitis?Check whether Proctitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Polyethylene glycol 3350 side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Polyethylene glycol 3350 side effects (3,163 reports)
Proctitis treatments and more:
- Proctitis (3,944 reports)
Common drugs associated with Proctitis:
- Accutane: 895 reports
- Humira: 510 reports
- Prednisone: 322 reports
- Mesalamine: 251 reports
- Morphine: 201 reports
- Calcium: 184 reports
- Remicade: 181 reports
- Aspirin: 175 reports
- Acetaminophen: 173 reports
- Metronidazole: 164 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Proctitis:
- Proctitis (1,022 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Proctitis:
- Acne: 496 reports
- Crohn's disease: 303 reports
- Ulcerative colitis: 246 reports
- High blood pressure: 110 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Proctitis:
- Proctitis (592 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on polyethylene glycol 3350 (the active ingredients of Polyethylene glycol 3350) and Polyethylene glycol 3350 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Caduet and Fatigue - 2 seconds ago
- Famciclovir and Dexilant drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Diflucan and Esgic drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Miralax and Paliperidone drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Belsomra drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Lidoderm and Adalat drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Ethyol drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Augmentin Xr and Gemfibrozil drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Efudex and Pravachol drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Terazol 3 and Peridex drug interaction - 51 seconds ago