Pomalyst and Parainfluenzae virus infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 73,884 people who have side effects when taking Pomalyst. Parainfluenzae virus infection is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Bactrim and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pomalyst and have Parainfluenzae virus infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
73,884 people reported to have side effects when taking Pomalyst.
Among them, 25 people (0.03%) have Parainfluenzae virus infection.
What is Pomalyst?
Pomalyst has active ingredients of pomalidomide. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 73,890 Pomalyst users.
What is Parainfluenzae virus infection?
Parainfluenzae virus infection is found to be associated with 580 drugs and 230 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,593 people who have Parainfluenzae virus infection.
Number of Pomalyst and Parainfluenzae virus infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Pomalyst when people have Parainfluenzae virus infection *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Parainfluenzae virus infection when taking Pomalyst *:
- female: 32 %
- male: 68 %
Age of people who have Parainfluenzae virus infection when taking Pomalyst *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 17.65 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 82.35 %
Common drugs people take besides Pomalyst *:
- Kyprolis: 3 people, 12.00%
- Bactrim: 3 people, 12.00%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 8.00%
- Revlimid: 2 people, 8.00%
- Dexamethasone: 2 people, 8.00%
- Decadron: 2 people, 8.00%
- Potassium: 2 people, 8.00%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 8.00%
- Thalidomide: 2 people, 8.00%
- Carfilzomib: 2 people, 8.00%
Common side effects people have besides Parainfluenzae virus infection *:
- Pneumonia: 9 people, 36.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 4 people, 16.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 3 people, 12.00%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 3 people, 12.00%
- Peripheral Swelling: 3 people, 12.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 8.00%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 8.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 8.00%
- Bladder Cancer: 2 people, 8.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 8.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 24 people, 96.00%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 1 person, 4.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 4.00%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 1 person, 4.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 4.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pomalyst and have Parainfluenzae virus infection?Check whether Parainfluenzae virus infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Pomalyst side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Pomalyst side effects (73,890 reports)
Parainfluenzae virus infection treatments and more:
- Parainfluenzae virus infection (1,593 reports)
Common drugs associated with Parainfluenzae virus infection:
- Cyclophosphamide: 317 reports
- Prednisone: 310 reports
- Methotrexate: 306 reports
- Cytarabine: 282 reports
- Mercaptopurine: 246 reports
- Etoposide: 224 reports
- Vincristine sulfate: 159 reports
- Fludara: 117 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Parainfluenzae virus infection:
- Parainfluenzae virus infection (580 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Parainfluenzae virus infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Parainfluenzae virus infection:
- Parainfluenzae virus infection (230 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pomalidomide (the active ingredients of Pomalyst) and Pomalyst (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Darzalex and Performance Status Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Patanase and Benazepril Hydrochloride drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Losartan and Peritoneal Dialysis Complication - 11 seconds ago
- Amerge and Anaprox Ds drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Paxlovid drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Piloerection - 16 seconds ago
- Natazia and Omeprazole drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Prozac and Left Ventricular Failure - 22 seconds ago
- Advair Hfa and Latent Tuberculosis - 26 seconds ago
- Doxazosin Mesylate and Tinnitus Aggravated - 29 seconds ago