Potassium aspartate and Bradycardia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bradycardia is found among people who take Potassium aspartate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Potassium aspartate and have Bradycardia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 548 people who have side effects when taking Potassium aspartate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
548 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium aspartate.
Among them, 6 people (1.09%) have Bradycardia.
What is Potassium aspartate?
Potassium aspartate has active ingredients of aspartates. eHealthMe is studying from 550 Potassium aspartate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bradycardia?
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) is found to be associated with 3,201 drugs and 3,472 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Potassium aspartate and Bradycardia reports submitted per year:
Time on Potassium aspartate when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Potassium aspartate *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Potassium aspartate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Potassium aspartate *:
- Valacyclovir Hydrochloride: 2 people, 33.33%
- Opsumit: 2 people, 33.33%
- Bisoprolol Fumarate: 2 people, 33.33%
- Fluconazole: 2 people, 33.33%
- Istodax: 2 people, 33.33%
- Adcirca: 2 people, 33.33%
- Spironolactone: 2 people, 33.33%
- Magnesium Aspartate: 1 person, 16.67%
- Latanoprost: 1 person, 16.67%
- Uptravi: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Bradycardia *:
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 2 people, 33.33%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 2 people, 33.33%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 33.33%
- Campylobacter Infection (infection by the campylobacter bacterium): 2 people, 33.33%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 33.33%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2 people, 33.33%
- Torsade De Pointes (a abnormal heart rate with abnormal beating pattern): 2 people, 33.33%
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 3 people, 50.00%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 33.33%
- Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Unspecified (peripheral t-cell cancer unspecified): 2 people, 33.33%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 16.67%
- Left Ventricular Failure (left ventricle fails to contract forcefully): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 1 person, 16.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 16.67%
- Haemorrhagic Diathesis (bleeding tendency): 1 person, 16.67%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Potassium aspartate and have Bradycardia?Check whether Bradycardia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schlumbrecht MP, Hehr K, "Cisplatin-induced bradycardia and the importance of the QT interval", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2015 Jan .
- Oflaz MB, Kucukdurmaz Z, Guven AS, Karapinar H, Kaya A, Sancakdar E, Deveci K, Gul I, Erdem A, Cevit O, Icagasioglu FD, "Bradycardia seen in children with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever", Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, 2013 Nov .
How severe was Bradycardia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of aspartates:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Potassium aspartate:
- Potassium aspartate (550 reports)
Common Potassium aspartate side effects:
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 107 reports
Browse all side effects of Potassium aspartate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bradycardia treatments and more:
- Bradycardia (54,204 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bradycardia:
- Bradycardia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bradycardia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bradycardia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bradycardia:
- Aspirin: 3,669 reports
- Furosemide: 3,472 reports
- Atenolol: 2,926 reports
- Amlodipine: 2,851 reports
- Lasix: 2,700 reports
- Digoxin: 2,693 reports
- Metformin: 2,308 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,971 reports
- Ramipril: 1,970 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,721 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bradycardia:
- Bradycardia (3,201 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bradycardia:
- High blood pressure: 6,119 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 3,215 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 1,780 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,665 reports
- Depression: 1,567 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 1,317 reports
- Pain: 1,108 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bradycardia:
- Bradycardia (3,472 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspartates (the active ingredients of Potassium aspartate) and Potassium aspartate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fosaprepitant and Abdominal Pain - now
- Trulicity and Pravastatin Sodium drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Inbrija and Tongue Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Uptravi and Macular Oedema - 8 seconds ago
- Arava and Angioedema - 16 seconds ago
- Hep-Lock and Respiratory Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Diprivan and Dystonia Aggravated - 28 seconds ago
- Actos and Acromegaly - 29 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Skin Discoloration - 41 seconds ago
- Anafranil and Cyst - 46 seconds ago