Potassium chloride and Muscle strain - from FDA reports
Muscle strain is reported only by a few people who take Potassium Chloride. We study 4,809 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA. Among them, 3 have Muscle strain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle strain and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 13, 2017
4,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride.
Among them, 3 people (0.06%) have Muscle strain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Muscle strain when taking Potassium chloride *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Muscle strain when taking Potassium chloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 66.67%)
- Wheezing (1 person, 33.33%)
- Nausea (1 person, 33.33%)
- Joint Swelling (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gout (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 66.67%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 66.67%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 66.67%)
- Boniva (2 people, 66.67%)
- Latuda (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pollakiuria (2 people, 66.67%)
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (2 people, 66.67%)
- Indigestion (2 people, 66.67%)
- Headache (2 people, 66.67%)
- Fall (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Muscle strain when taking Potassium chloride?
- Check symptoms - is muscle strain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMuscle strain and drugs with ingredients of potassium chloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscle strain and Potassium chloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from Potassium chloride 5,387 users)
Muscle strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 6,413 Muscle strain patients).
Browse all side effects of Potassium chloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Muscle strainMuscle strain
Could your condition cause Muscle strainMuscle strain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I felt great prior to beginning BP meds. On meds 3 days. Now I am tired, have upper back pain and just feel yucky. I am on Losartan/HCTZ 100/25 along with Potassium Chloride 10MEQ. (Have really high BP). Last night the back of my neck hurt so bad I had to sit down and let my hubby finish dinner ...
User reviews to the study
I've been wondering what has been making me cough all this time. And it's not just a cough here and there.. it's a hard, almost until I vomit, crying, red faced cough. Not even water can quench it. Not fun.
My wife needs heart valve transplant...she takes blood thinner, and heart rate control medication, has low BP never high...cannot keep potassium level up without supplements, each time she takes the potassium supplement (everyday, sometime twice a day) doesn't matter if liquid or pill...she has ...
Hi. My name is Elizabeth Shaplee. I a 52 years old and have been taking pot citrate for three months, for the prevention of recurring kidney stones. C I have been losing my hair, like CRAZY. When I'm washing my hair in the shower, the hair just falls off in my hand. Wondering if ...