Who have Stroke with Potassium citrate - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people who take Potassium citrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Revlimid, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,276 people who have side effects when taking Potassium citrate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,276 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium citrate.
Among them, 19 people (0.83%) have Stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Potassium citrate when people have Stroke *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Potassium citrate *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Potassium citrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.88 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 17.65 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 64.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 6 people, 31.58%
- Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder): 4 people, 21.05%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 4 people, 21.05%
- Constipation: 4 people, 21.05%
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 21.05%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Linagliptin: 4 people, 21.05%
- Revlimid: 4 people, 21.05%
- Wellbutrin: 3 people, 15.79%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 15.79%
- Urocit-K: 3 people, 15.79%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 8 people, 42.11%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 5 people, 26.32%
- Injury: 4 people, 21.05%
- Emotional Distress: 4 people, 21.05%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 3 people, 15.79%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Stroke while taking Potassium citrate?
You are not alone:
Potassium citrate has active ingredients of potassium citrate. It is often used in kidney stones. (latest outcomes from Potassium citrate 2,403 users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 223,156 Stroke patients).
Drugs that are associated with StrokeStroke (2,779 drugs)
Could your condition cause StrokeStroke (2,461 conditions)
Potassium citrate side effects
- Potassium citrate side effects (2,276 reports)
Browse all side effects of Potassium citratea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Agoraphobia with Lidocaine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Drug Effect Decreased with Ritalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Advair Diskus 500/50 drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Biopsy Stomach Abnormal with Allopurinol? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discoloration with Prochlorperazine Maleate? - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Mobic - 32 minutes ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Bacillus Probiotics, Vyvanse, Neurontin - an hour ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Nexplanon - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Sprintec, Celexa - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Nuvaring, Zyrtec - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.