Potassium and Blepharitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blepharitis is found among people who take Potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Potassium and have Blepharitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,188 people who have side effects when taking Potassium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
50,188 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium.
Among them, 14 people (0.03%) have Blepharitis.
What is Potassium?
Potassium has active ingredients of potassium. It is often used in hypokalemia. eHealthMe is studying from 45,594 Potassium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid) is found to be associated with 1,124 drugs and 618 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Potassium and Blepharitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blepharitis when taking Potassium *:
- female: 78.57 %
- male: 21.43 %
Age of people who have Blepharitis when taking Potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Potassium *:
- Magnesium: 5 people, 35.71%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 21.43%
- Simbrinza: 3 people, 21.43%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 14.29%
- Losartan: 2 people, 14.29%
- Revlimid: 2 people, 14.29%
- Metformin: 2 people, 14.29%
- Depakote: 2 people, 14.29%
- Travoprost: 2 people, 14.29%
- Inderal: 2 people, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Blepharitis *:
- Eye Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Feeling Abnormal: 3 people, 21.43%
- Eye Disorder: 3 people, 21.43%
- Eyelids Pruritus (eyelids itching): 2 people, 14.29%
- Fibula Fracture: 2 people, 14.29%
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 14.29%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 2 people, 14.29%
- Eye Inflammation: 2 people, 14.29%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 14.29%
- Micturition Urgency (urgency to pass the urine): 2 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 14.29%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 14.29%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 14.29%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 2 people, 14.29%
- Reflux Laryngitis (voice disorder caused by backflow of stomach fluids to the throat and voice box area): 1 person, 7.14%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 1 person, 7.14%
- Ocular Hypertension (intraocular pressure higher than normal): 1 person, 7.14%
- Neurotrophic Keratopathy (decreased corneal sensitivity and poor corneal healing): 1 person, 7.14%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 7.14%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Potassium and have Blepharitis?Check whether Blepharitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Potassium:
- Potassium (45,594 reports)
Blepharitis treatments and more:
- Blepharitis (4,053 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blepharitis:
- Blepharitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blepharitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blepharitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Blepharitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of potassium:
Common drugs associated with Blepharitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Blepharitis:
- Blepharitis (1,124 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Blepharitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Blepharitis:
- Blepharitis (618 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on potassium (the active ingredients of Potassium) and Potassium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diovan and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 17 seconds ago
- Wrist Fracture and Nausea - 57 seconds ago
- Primidone and Differential White Blood Cell Count Abnormal - a minute ago
- Apresoline and Drug Exposure During Pregnancy - a minute ago
- Soliris and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - a minute ago