Pradaxa and Ankylosing spondylitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ankylosing spondylitis is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pradaxa and have Ankylosing spondylitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,867 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
83,867 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Ankylosing spondylitis.
What is Pradaxa?
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 84,711 Pradaxa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ankylosing spondylitis?
Ankylosing spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine) is found to be associated with 1,396 drugs and 869 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pradaxa and Ankylosing spondylitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Ankylosing spondylitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ankylosing spondylitis when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Ankylosing spondylitis when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Pradaxa *:
- Voltaren: 1 person, 14.29%
- Leflunomide: 1 person, 14.29%
- Amlodipine Besylate: 1 person, 14.29%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 14.29%
- Eliquis: 1 person, 14.29%
- Finasteride: 1 person, 14.29%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 14.29%
- Humira: 1 person, 14.29%
- Hydrocodone: 1 person, 14.29%
- Metformin: 1 person, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Ankylosing spondylitis *:
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Weakness: 1 person, 14.29%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 1 person, 14.29%
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body): 1 person, 14.29%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 14.29%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 14.29%
- Gingival Erosion (gum ulcer): 1 person, 14.29%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 14.29%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 1 person, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 42.86%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 28.57%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 14.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 14.29%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 1 person, 14.29%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 14.29%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 1 person, 14.29%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 14.29%
- Depression: 1 person, 14.29%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pradaxa and have Ankylosing spondylitis?Check whether Ankylosing spondylitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hung YM, Cheng CC, Wann SR, Lin SL, "Ankylosing spondylitis associated with pulmonary arterial hypertension", Internal Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Ankylosing spondylitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pradaxa:
- Pradaxa (84,711 reports)
Common Pradaxa side effects:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4,370 reports
- Death: 2,662 reports
- Dizziness: 2,453 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,409 reports
Browse all side effects of Pradaxa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ankylosing spondylitis treatments and more:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (105,477 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Humira: 3,376 reports
- Enbrel: 2,848 reports
- Cosentyx: 2,066 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,060 reports
- Celebrex: 1,146 reports
- Remicade: 1,064 reports
- Prednisone: 1,035 reports
- Simponi: 991 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 892 reports
- Cimzia: 872 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (1,396 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,115 reports
- Pain: 647 reports
- Crohn's disease: 539 reports
- High blood pressure: 504 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (869 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dabigatran etexilate mesylate (the active ingredients of Pradaxa) and Pradaxa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aranesp and Macitentan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Tramadol vs. Zanaflex - 3 seconds ago
- Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5% vs. Pregabalin - 3 seconds ago
- Fluorouracil and Leukaemic Infiltration - 4 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine Maleate and Pantoprazole drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Adalat vs. Bumetanide - 11 seconds ago
- Sinus Bradycardia and drugs of ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride - 13 seconds ago
- Trandolapril and Tysabri drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Rhinocort and Tinnitus - 16 seconds ago
- Surmontil vs. Valium - 18 seconds ago