Pradaxa and Depression - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Depression with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,540 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
56,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 181 people (0.32%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 48.54 %
- male: 51.46 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.46 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.73 %
- 40-49: 0.73 %
- 50-59: 5.84 %
- 60+: 91.24 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (37 people, 20.44%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (26 people, 14.36%)
- Stroke (13 people, 7.18%)
- Hypothyroidism (12 people, 6.63%)
- Cardiac Disorder (12 people, 6.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (23 people, 12.71%)
- Lasix (21 people, 11.60%)
- Lisinopril (16 people, 8.84%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 8.84%)
- Crestor (15 people, 8.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (51 people, 28.18%)
- Weakness (37 people, 20.44%)
- Stress And Anxiety (31 people, 17.13%)
- Dizziness (26 people, 14.36%)
- Pain (24 people, 13.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Depression when taking Pradaxa?
- Check symptoms - is depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDepression and drugs with ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepression and Pradaxa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 57,252 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 392,574 Depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Pradaxaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
User reviews to the study
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???
Hi, how many are you? What is your experience? What kind of symptoms did you get from taking both pills together and why and how you did connect them to Pradaxa and not to something else? AND why there is not 1 bit of confirmation of this fact in any part of the internet? Please, if you ...