Pradaxa and Vertigo - from FDA reports
Vertigo is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Vertigo with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,540 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
56,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 1,874 people (3.31%) have Vertigo
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Vertigo *:
- < 1 month: 45.31 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.15 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.8 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.13 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 53.45 %
- male: 46.55 %
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.14 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.07 %
- 20-29: 0.28 %
- 30-39: 1.12 %
- 40-49: 1.68 %
- 50-59: 5.73 %
- 60+: 90.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (501 people, 26.73%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (334 people, 17.82%)
- Stroke (138 people, 7.36%)
- Cardiac Disorder (128 people, 6.83%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (114 people, 6.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (201 people, 10.73%)
- Lisinopril (147 people, 7.84%)
- Simvastatin (117 people, 6.24%)
- Lasix (117 people, 6.24%)
- Digoxin (108 people, 5.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (312 people, 16.65%)
- Nausea (271 people, 14.46%)
- Headache (260 people, 13.87%)
- Fatigue (230 people, 12.27%)
- Breathing Difficulty (191 people, 10.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Vertigo when taking Pradaxa?
- Check symptoms - is vertigo caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVertigo and drugs with ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVertigo and Pradaxa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 57,252 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,933 Vertigo patients).
Browse all side effects of Pradaxaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with VertigoVertigo
Could your condition cause VertigoVertigo
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I just started taking a Beta Blocker(Metoprolol 50mg daily) because of high blood pressure..I also take Methadone 30mg. Daily...I notice when I take the men's and drink lemon water with a table spoon of ACV w/ the mother I get dizzy to the point I want to fall down...Could it be the ACV with ...
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
User reviews to the study
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???