Pravachol and Hand fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hand fracture is found among people who take Pravachol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pravachol and have Hand fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,318 people who have side effects when taking Pravachol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
23,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravachol.
Among them, 19 people (0.08%) have Hand fracture.
What is Pravachol?
Pravachol has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 23,833 Pravachol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hand fracture?
Hand fracture is found to be associated with 1,150 drugs and 642 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pravachol and Hand fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hand fracture when taking Pravachol *:
- female: 31.58 %
- male: 68.42 %
Age of people who have Hand fracture when taking Pravachol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Pravachol *:
- Nexium: 13 people, 68.42%
- Celebrex: 12 people, 63.16%
- Effexor Xr: 12 people, 63.16%
- Aspirin: 11 people, 57.89%
- Coumadin: 11 people, 57.89%
- Gemzar: 11 people, 57.89%
- Zometa: 10 people, 52.63%
- Torisel: 10 people, 52.63%
- Oxycontin: 10 people, 52.63%
- Sutent: 10 people, 52.63%
Common side effects people have besides Hand fracture *:
- Pain In Extremity: 15 people, 78.95%
- Depression: 15 people, 78.95%
- Foot Fracture: 14 people, 73.68%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14 people, 73.68%
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 68.42%
- Chest Pain: 13 people, 68.42%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 12 people, 63.16%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 12 people, 63.16%
- Rib Fracture: 12 people, 63.16%
- Pain: 11 people, 57.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 3 people, 15.79%
- Thyroid Diseases: 2 people, 10.53%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 10.53%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 10.53%
- Constipation: 2 people, 10.53%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 10.53%
- Dry Mouth: 2 people, 10.53%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 2 people, 10.53%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 10.53%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 10.53%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pravachol and have Hand fracture?Check whether Hand fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hand fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pravastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pravachol:
- Pravachol (23,833 reports)
Common Pravachol side effects:
- Weakness: 1,612 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,520 reports
- Pain: 1,284 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 1,276 reports
- Chest pain: 1,232 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,191 reports
- Dizziness: 1,136 reports
Browse all side effects of Pravachol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hand fracture treatments and more:
- Hand fracture (7,903 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hand fracture:
- Hand fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hand fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hand fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hand fracture:
- Fosamax: 717 reports
- Aspirin: 445 reports
- Truvada: 443 reports
- Prednisone: 418 reports
- Humira: 394 reports
- Methotrexate: 347 reports
- Forteo: 346 reports
- Atripla: 316 reports
- Omeprazole: 305 reports
- Enbrel: 294 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hand fracture:
- Hand fracture (1,150 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hand fracture:
- Osteoporosis: 988 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 719 reports
- Hiv infection: 591 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 512 reports
- High blood pressure: 311 reports
- Pain: 309 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hand fracture:
- Hand fracture (642 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pravastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Pravachol) and Pravachol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cytarabine and Actos drug interaction - now
- Antibiotic Therapy and Pharyngeal Erythema - 5 seconds ago
- Glucosamine Sulfate and Zoloft drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Bell'S Palsy - 9 seconds ago
- Aggrenox and Parkinson'S Disease - 11 seconds ago
- Pristiq and Back Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Savella and White Blood Cell Count Abnormal - 17 seconds ago
- Acne Aggravated and Aphagia - 17 seconds ago
- Accolate and Diarrhea Haemorrhagic - 21 seconds ago
- Remifentanil Hydrochloride and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 22 seconds ago