Pravastatin sodium and Enlarged heart - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enlarged heart is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pravastatin sodium and have Enlarged heart. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,552 people who have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium.
Among them, 73 people (0.36%) have Enlarged heart.
What is Pravastatin sodium?
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 22,941 Pravastatin sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enlarged heart?
Enlarged heart is found to be associated with 2,195 drugs and 1,560 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pravastatin sodium and Enlarged heart reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Enlarged heart when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- female: 69.86 %
- male: 30.14 %
Age of people who have Enlarged heart when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.72 %
- 40-49: 5.17 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 72.41 %
Common drugs people take besides Pravastatin sodium *:
- Actos: 20 people, 27.40%
- Furosemide: 16 people, 21.92%
- Lopid: 11 people, 15.07%
- Atenolol: 10 people, 13.70%
- Lasix: 9 people, 12.33%
- Lisinopril: 9 people, 12.33%
- Famotidine: 8 people, 10.96%
- Isosorbide Dinitrate: 7 people, 9.59%
- Simvastatin: 6 people, 8.22%
- Digoxin: 6 people, 8.22%
Common side effects people have besides Enlarged heart *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 17 people, 23.29%
- Weight Increased: 12 people, 16.44%
- Cardiac Failure: 12 people, 16.44%
- Dizziness: 12 people, 16.44%
- Chest Pain: 12 people, 16.44%
- Stress And Anxiety: 11 people, 15.07%
- Fall: 10 people, 13.70%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 10 people, 13.70%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 12.33%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 9 people, 12.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 11 people, 15.07%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 6.85%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 4 people, 5.48%
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (excess of triglycerides in the blood): 3 people, 4.11%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 4.11%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 2.74%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 2.74%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 2.74%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 2.74%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 2.74%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pravastatin sodium and have Enlarged heart?Check whether Enlarged heart is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Enlarged heart and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pravastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pravastatin sodium:
- Pravastatin sodium (22,941 reports)
Common Pravastatin sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Pravastatin sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enlarged heart treatments and more:
- Enlarged heart (18,840 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enlarged heart:
- Enlarged heart in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enlarged heart in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enlarged heart in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enlarged heart:
All the drugs that are associated with Enlarged heart:
- Enlarged heart (2,195 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Enlarged heart:
All the conditions that are associated with Enlarged heart:
- Enlarged heart (1,560 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pravastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Pravastatin sodium) and Pravastatin sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bupivacaine Hydrochloride and Muscle Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Novalgin and Pneumonia Bacterial - 7 seconds ago
- Motrin Ib and Rickets - 7 seconds ago
- Mycelex and Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Vinorelbine Tartrate and Advil drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Pseudarthrosis - 22 seconds ago
- Nosebleed and drugs of ingredients of cobalamin - 22 seconds ago
- Penicillin-Vk and Irritability - 26 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 27 seconds ago
- Buspar and Skin Mass - 37 seconds ago