Pravastatin sodium and Hepatic congestion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatic congestion is reported only by a few people who take Pravastatin Sodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pravastatin sodium and have Hepatic congestion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,552 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Hepatic congestion.
What is Pravastatin sodium?
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 22,993 Pravastatin sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatic congestion?
Hepatic congestion (liver congestion) is found to be associated with 863 drugs and 425 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pravastatin sodium and Hepatic congestion reports submitted per year:
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Hepatic congestion *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatic congestion when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Hepatic congestion when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Pravastatin sodium *:
- Zithromax: 1 person, 20.00%
- Ziagen: 1 person, 20.00%
- Atacand: 1 person, 20.00%
- Aygestin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Capoten: 1 person, 20.00%
- Desferal: 1 person, 20.00%
- Epivir: 1 person, 20.00%
- Exjade: 1 person, 20.00%
- Famotidine: 1 person, 20.00%
- Flolan: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatic congestion *:
- Fever: 2 people, 40.00%
- Intracardiac Thrombus (presence of a circumscribed mass with heart wall): 2 people, 40.00%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cardiac Arrest: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cytolytic Hepatitis (dissolution or destruction of a liver cell): 1 person, 20.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 20.00%
- Coughing Up Blood: 1 person, 20.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 20.00%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 1 person, 20.00%
- Iron Overload: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hiv Test Positive: 1 person, 20.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pravastatin sodium and have Hepatic congestion?Check whether Hepatic congestion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hepatic congestion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pravastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pravastatin sodium:
- Pravastatin sodium (22,993 reports)
Common Pravastatin sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Pravastatin sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatic congestion treatments and more:
- Hepatic congestion (2,026 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatic congestion:
- Hepatic congestion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatic congestion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatic congestion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatic congestion:
- Aspirin: 105 reports
- Coumadin: 106 reports
- Digoxin: 140 reports
- Furosemide: 151 reports
- Lasix: 225 reports
- Prednisone: 117 reports
- Spironolactone: 120 reports
- Tracleer: 180 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatic congestion:
- Hepatic congestion (863 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatic congestion:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 162 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatic congestion:
- Hepatic congestion (425 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pravastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Pravastatin sodium) and Pravastatin sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Olanzapine and Multiple Sclerosis Relapse - 2 seconds ago
- Cognitive Disorder and drugs of ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride - 6 seconds ago
- Vigamox and Azithromycin drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 9 seconds ago
- Cinobac and Codeine Sulfate drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Ativan and Drug Abuse And Dependence - 41 seconds ago
- Voltaren and Tooth Extraction - 42 seconds ago
- Nicotinic Acid and Nexium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Halflytely and Paraesthesia - a minute ago
- Stavudine and Obstruction - a minute ago