Pravastatin sodium and Lipodystrophy acquired - from FDA reports
Lipodystrophy acquired is reported only by a few people who take Pravastatin Sodium. We study 11,739 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA. Among them, 2 have Lipodystrophy acquired. Find out below who they are, when they have Lipodystrophy acquired and more.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our independent and original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications.
11,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Lipodystrophy acquired
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Norvir: 2 people, 100.00%
- Isentress: 2 people, 100.00%
- Truvada: 1 person, 50.00%
- Reyataz: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prezista: 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 1 person, 50.00%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Are you new to Pravastatin sodium or have questions?
- There are people who "have been there". Follow a Care Guide of Pravastatin sodium to ask questions and learn from experience.
Use your care experience to help people and earn a new income
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 13,742 users)
Lipodystrophy acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired) has been reported by people with hiv infection, multiple sclerosis, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, diabetes, gestational diabetes (latest reports from 2,424 Lipodystrophy acquired patients).
Drugs that are associated with Lipodystrophy acquiredLipodystrophy acquired (361 drugs)
Could your condition cause Lipodystrophy acquiredLipodystrophy acquired (183 conditions)
Pravastatin sodium side effects
- Pravastatin sodium side effects (11,745 reports)
Browse all side effects of Pravastatin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Pravastatin Sodium and have Lipodystrophy Acquired
- Support group for people who have Lipodystrophy Acquired
- Support group for people who take Pravastatin Sodium
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 69 and have had a few uti's....since I have been on pravastatin I have had one after another ...... Been on augmentum for ten days and stopped pravastatin. Started back on pravastatin and now have uti symptoms!!!!
- Anyone experience blisters on pravastatin?
- Hi, I've thought all along the pravastatin was causing the blisters. Was told poison ivy, but I'm still having outbreaks! How long will this continue after I stop the meds?
- Just started taking these meds together
- Hi - my name group name is wineva. I have been taking a statin for at least 10 years and the most recent one is pravastatin. Over a period of five years I have been following increasing HYPERPIGMENTATION of my face, namely forehead and cheeks, which started out as very small brown spots,...
- Will you have Tendonitis with Zoladex?
- Will you have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Intermittent Explosive Disorder?
- Will you have Niddm with Intermittent Explosive Disorder?
- Will you have Diabetic Type 2 with Intermittent Explosive Disorder?
- Will you have Diabetes - Type 2 with Intermittent Explosive Disorder?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Zoladex and have Tendonitis?
- Support group for people who have Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus?
- Support group for people who have Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Niddm?
- Support group for people who have Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Diabetic Type 2?
- Support group for people who have Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Diabetes - Type 2?
Recent Care Guides
- Pearl (monthly rate: $10.00)
- The kid (monthly rate: $1.00)
- Belindarn (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Marylou wittenborn (monthly rate: $100.00)
- Ledgekay (monthly rate: $10.00)
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.