Precedex and Dysphagia aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dysphagia aggravated is reported only by a few people who take Precedex.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Precedex and have Dysphagia aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 997 people who have side effects while taking Precedex from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
997 people reported to have side effects when taking Precedex.
Among them, 4 people (0.4%) have Dysphagia aggravated.
What is Precedex?
Precedex has active ingredients of dexmedetomidine. eHealthMe is studying from 1,005 Precedex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dysphagia aggravated?
Dysphagia aggravated (serious condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) is found to be associated with 999 drugs and 399 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Precedex and Dysphagia aggravated reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dysphagia aggravated when taking Precedex *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia aggravated when taking Precedex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 50 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Precedex *:
- Trileptal: 2 people, 50.00%
- Propofol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Prednisolone: 2 people, 50.00%
- Benadryl: 2 people, 50.00%
- Warfarin Sodium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 25.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Atrovent: 1 person, 25.00%
- Bricanyl: 1 person, 25.00%
- Carvedilol: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dysphagia aggravated *:
- Vaginal Lesion: 2 people, 50.00%
- Oral Mucosa Erosion (erosion of mouth mucous membrane): 2 people, 50.00%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 2 people, 50.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 50.00%
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 2 people, 50.00%
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 2 people, 50.00%
- Eye Discharge: 2 people, 50.00%
- Eye Pain: 2 people, 50.00%
- Eye Swelling: 2 people, 50.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 2 people, 50.00%
- Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing): 1 person, 25.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 25.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Precedex and have Dysphagia aggravated?Check whether Dysphagia aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dysphagia aggravated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dexmedetomidine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Precedex:
- Precedex (1,005 reports)
Common Precedex side effects:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 119 reports
Browse all side effects of Precedex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dysphagia aggravated treatments and more:
- Dysphagia aggravated (9 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dysphagia aggravated:
- Dysphagia aggravated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dysphagia aggravated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dysphagia aggravated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dysphagia aggravated:
All the drugs that are associated with Dysphagia aggravated:
- Dysphagia aggravated (999 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dysphagia aggravated:
All the conditions that are associated with Dysphagia aggravated:
- Dysphagia aggravated (399 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexmedetomidine (the active ingredients of Precedex) and Precedex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lisinopril vs. Kombiglyze Xr - 18 seconds ago
- Losartan and Bone Fissure - 19 seconds ago
- Amaryl and Econazole Nitrate drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Rituxan and Multiple Fractures - 25 seconds ago
- Ultralente and Lescol drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Symdeko and Pruritus Aggravated - 55 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Speech Disorder - 58 seconds ago
- Buspar and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Antivert and Lunesta drug interaction - a minute ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Versed drug interaction - a minute ago