Prednisolone and Enterocolitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enterocolitis is found among people who take Prednisolone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisolone and have Enterocolitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 180,802 people who have side effects when taking Prednisolone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
180,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone.
Among them, 385 people (0.21%) have Enterocolitis.
What is Prednisolone?
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 182,045 Prednisolone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enterocolitis?
Enterocolitis (inflammation of the digestive tract, involving enteritis of the small intestine and colitis of the colon) is found to be associated with 1,064 drugs and 701 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisolone and Enterocolitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisolone when people have Enterocolitis *:
Gender of people who have Enterocolitis when taking Prednisolone*:
Age of people who have Enterocolitis when taking Prednisolone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisolone *:
Common side effects people have besides Enterocolitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisolone and have Enterocolitis?Check whether Enterocolitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Abdullah, D., Mohamed, A. M. F. S., & Liew, A. K. C., "Dentine hypersensitivity-like tooth pain associated with the use of high-dose steroid therapy", Journal of conservative dentistry: JCD, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Enterocolitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisolone:
- Enterocolitis and drugs with ingredients of prednisolone (269 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisolone:
- Prednisolone (182,045 reports)
Common Prednisolone side effects:
- Fever: 10,764 reports
- Pneumonia: 9,340 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,974 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,028 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,011 reports
- Rashes (redness): 6,528 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6,390 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisolone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enterocolitis treatments and more:
- Enterocolitis (6,476 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enterocolitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enterocolitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enterocolitis:
- Prednisolone: 385 reports
- Opdivo: 308 reports
- Prednisone: 300 reports
- Methotrexate: 289 reports
- Yervoy: 230 reports
- Carboplatin: 208 reports
- Oxaliplatin: 194 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 192 reports
- Cytarabine: 192 reports
- Fluorouracil: 189 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis (1,064 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Enterocolitis:
- High blood pressure: 399 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 244 reports
- Preventive health care: 219 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 202 reports
- Lung cancer - non-small cell: 188 reports
- Pain: 173 reports
- Constipation: 141 reports
- Insomnia: 132 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis (701 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisolone (the active ingredients of Prednisolone) and Prednisolone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lantus and Wegener'S Granulomatosis - 38 seconds ago
- Garcinia vs. Saxenda - 55 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - 57 seconds ago
- Laxative Supportive Care and Muscle Function Loss - a minute ago
- Rabeprazole and Hairy Cell Leukaemia - 2 minutes ago
- Intervertebral Disc Disorder and Fainting - 2 minutes ago
- Meloxicam and Morning Sickness - 2 minutes ago
- Weight Increased in Flecainide Acetate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 2 minutes ago
- Advil and Erosive Oesophagitis - 3 minutes ago
- Alprostadil and Hypoaesthesia Tongue - 3 minutes ago