Prednisolone and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fever is found among people who take Prednisolone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisolone and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 180,802 people who have side effects when taking Prednisolone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
180,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone.
Among them, 10,764 people (5.95%) have Fever.
What is Prednisolone?
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 182,068 Prednisolone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,933 drugs and 6,039 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisolone and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisolone when people have Fever *:
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Prednisolone*:
Age of people who have Fever when taking Prednisolone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisolone *:
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisolone and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Abdullah, D., Mohamed, A. M. F. S., & Liew, A. K. C., "Dentine hypersensitivity-like tooth pain associated with the use of high-dose steroid therapy", Journal of conservative dentistry: JCD, 2018 Jan .
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Fever and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisolone:
- Fever and drugs with ingredients of prednisolone (10,836 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisolone:
- Prednisolone (182,068 reports)
Common Prednisolone side effects:
- Fever: 10,764 reports
- Pneumonia: 9,340 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,974 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,519 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,028 reports
- Rashes (redness): 6,528 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6,401 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisolone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (434,655 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fever:
- Fever in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fever in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fever in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 26,713 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 18,277 reports
- Enbrel: 13,289 reports
- Aspirin: 12,477 reports
- Omeprazole: 11,534 reports
- Prednisolone: 10,764 reports
- Tylenol: 9,932 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,920 reports
- Pantoprazole: 9,677 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,933 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 23,176 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 17,600 reports
- High blood pressure: 14,574 reports
- Crohn's disease: 10,827 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 10,715 reports
- Pain: 10,593 reports
- Asthma: 7,908 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (6,039 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisolone (the active ingredients of Prednisolone) and Prednisolone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dayquil and Pulmonary Mass - now
- Dyazide and Muscle Spasms - 15 seconds ago
- Dapagliflozin and Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) - 17 seconds ago
- Nasacort and Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased - 19 seconds ago
- Propulsid and Fatigue Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Zytiga and Pancreatitis - 24 seconds ago
- Celiac Disease - Sprue in Arimidex, how severe and when it was recovered? - 29 seconds ago
- Nitrofurantoin and Hand Fracture - 31 seconds ago
- Effexor and Otitis Media Acute - 32 seconds ago
- Yaz and Chlorothiazide drug interaction - 33 seconds ago