Prednisolone and Oesophageal carcinoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oesophageal carcinoma is found among people who take Prednisolone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisolone and have Oesophageal carcinoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 180,802 people who have side effects when taking Prednisolone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
180,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone.
Among them, 172 people (0.1%) have Oesophageal carcinoma.
What is Prednisolone?
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 182,032 Prednisolone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oesophageal carcinoma?
Oesophageal carcinoma (cancer tumour of oesophagus) is found to be associated with 759 drugs and 388 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisolone and Oesophageal carcinoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisolone when people have Oesophageal carcinoma *:
Gender of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Prednisolone*:
Age of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Prednisolone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisolone *:
Common side effects people have besides Oesophageal carcinoma *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisolone and have Oesophageal carcinoma?Check whether Oesophageal carcinoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Abdullah, D., Mohamed, A. M. F. S., & Liew, A. K. C., "Dentine hypersensitivity-like tooth pain associated with the use of high-dose steroid therapy", Journal of conservative dentistry: JCD, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Oesophageal carcinoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisolone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisolone:
- Prednisolone (182,032 reports)
Common Prednisolone side effects:
- Fever: 10,764 reports
- Pneumonia: 9,340 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,974 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,028 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,011 reports
- Rashes (redness): 6,528 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6,390 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisolone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oesophageal carcinoma treatments and more:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (33,075 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Zantac: 18,962 reports
- Ranitidine: 8,936 reports
- Nexium: 245 reports
- Omeprazole: 199 reports
- Prednisolone: 172 reports
- Methotrexate: 170 reports
- Prednisone: 162 reports
- Humira: 148 reports
- Clozaril: 136 reports
- Enbrel: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (759 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Indigestion: 15,098 reports
- Gastric ulcer: 1,508 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 271 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 175 reports
- High blood pressure: 171 reports
- Osteoporosis: 156 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (388 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisolone (the active ingredients of Prednisolone) and Prednisolone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Loraz and Atrioventricular Block Second Degree - 2 seconds ago
- Luvox and Ventolin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Ibu and Infective Thrombosis - 9 seconds ago
- Ulcerative Colitis and Anger - 11 seconds ago
- Trandolapril and Back Pain - 12 seconds ago
- Tamsulosin and Muscle Function Loss - 13 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Celebrex drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Nausea and moderna covid vaccine - 19 seconds ago
- Lysteda and Naproxen drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Pravastatin Sodium and Loss Of Control Of Legs - 24 seconds ago