Prednisolone and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Prednisolone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisolone and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 180,802 people who have side effects when taking Prednisolone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
180,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone.
Among them, 6,390 people (3.53%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Prednisolone?
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 182,037 Prednisolone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 3,950 drugs and 4,462 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisolone and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisolone when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Prednisolone*:
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Prednisolone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisolone *:
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisolone and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Abdullah, D., Mohamed, A. M. F. S., & Liew, A. K. C., "Dentine hypersensitivity-like tooth pain associated with the use of high-dose steroid therapy", Journal of conservative dentistry: JCD, 2018 Jan .
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Thrombocytopenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisolone:
- Thrombocytopenia and drugs with ingredients of prednisolone (6,423 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisolone:
- Prednisolone (182,037 reports)
Common Prednisolone side effects:
- Fever: 10,764 reports
- Pneumonia: 9,340 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,974 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,028 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,011 reports
- Rashes (redness): 6,528 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6,390 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisolone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (247,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 11,611 reports
- Aspirin: 10,558 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Methotrexate: 8,110 reports
- Dexamethasone: 8,070 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,957 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,563 reports
- Lopurin: 7,360 reports
- Allopurinol: 7,357 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (3,950 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 19,704 reports
- High blood pressure: 9,587 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 5,895 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,620 reports
- Pain: 5,350 reports
- Preventive health care: 5,171 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,906 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,462 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisolone (the active ingredients of Prednisolone) and Prednisolone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Viread and Bradycardia - 5 seconds ago
- Paclitaxel and Erythema Multiforme - 14 seconds ago
- Herceptin and Mitral Valve Prolapse - 15 seconds ago
- Herceptin and Electrolyte Imbalance - 16 seconds ago
- Herceptin and Coronary Artery Spasm - 17 seconds ago
- Estropipate and Pain Of Skin - 23 seconds ago
- Renvela and Vitamin D2 drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Crestor and Hepatomegaly - 27 seconds ago
- Meclofenamate Sodium and Bursitis - 29 seconds ago
- Estradiol and Sputum Discolored - 33 seconds ago