Prednisone and Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Bradycardia with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 16, 2018
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 849 people (0.34%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 60.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.86 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 52.48 %
- male: 47.52 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 1.23 %
- 2-9: 2.32 %
- 10-19: 4.63 %
- 20-29: 4.36 %
- 30-39: 4.22 %
- 40-49: 11.04 %
- 50-59: 14.44 %
- 60+: 57.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (50 people, 5.89%)
- Multiple Myeloma (34 people, 4.00%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (33 people, 3.89%)
- Preventive Health Care (22 people, 2.59%)
- Pain (22 people, 2.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (139 people, 16.37%)
- Digoxin (135 people, 15.90%)
- Aspirin (127 people, 14.96%)
- Furosemide (93 people, 10.95%)
- Atenolol (90 people, 10.60%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (269 people, 31.68%)
- Breathing Difficulty (144 people, 16.96%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (144 people, 16.96%)
- Cardiac Arrest (141 people, 16.61%)
- Weakness (127 people, 14.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBradycardia and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBradycardia and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,079 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, multiple sclerosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 30,528 Bradycardia patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Oflaz MB, Kucukdurmaz Z, Guven AS, Karapinar H, Kaya A, Sancakdar E, Deveci K, Gul I, Erdem A, Cevit O, Icagasioglu FD, "Bradycardia seen in children with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever", Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, 2013 Nov .
- Schlumbrecht MP, Hehr K, "Cisplatin-induced bradycardia and the importance of the QT interval", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been getting a lot of pimples ever since I started taking rcinex and omnacortil. It has been 2months since I started taking those drugs. Acne doesn't leave and has formed numerous blemishes and has left behind scars , even on my back. Is it because of those drugs? Is it a common side effect?
I have had heart perfusion test holter moniter and er docs say my heart is great. but I am 47 6 1 weight 200 pounds night hr as low as 33bpm resting during day 55 to 60 bpm I am lightheaded some days but I also have type 2 diabetes blood sugar now 100 to 135 fasting everyday take metformin and ...
User posts to the study
I am writing this on behalf of my son. He is a heart-lung survivor post transplant 10 years. He has been on 5mgs of Predisone for the last 9 1/2 years. A few months ago his doctors reduced his dosage to 2.4mg every other day and 5mg in between. A week ago he went into a verbal rage and went ...
Hi there. I have been on Prednisone since November 8. My resting pulse has gone from 50's and 60's to up I'm the 90's and sometimes low 100's. My heart just pounds. I worry that it is doing lasting damage to my heart. I am usually a runner and bicyclist but since being sick I haven't been doing ...
My doctor wanted to prescribe me prednisone for trouble breathing....after I told him that the first/last time I was prescribed prednisone my lips swelled at the highest dose. He said that it doesn't happen because it is prescribed FOR allergic reactions.....He put in the prescription anyway . ...
It's my first day taking prednisone, and the first time ever taking it for bronchitis. The side effects that I am experiencing is becoming very diaphoretic and penile erections that last around the same amount of time that I am sweating In till I stop sweating. Can anyone explain?
I’ve been diagnosed with weird syndrome ( hyper eosinophilic syndrome) & the only ttt that I receive is steroids starting with 60 mg dose.. I’m suffering from all the side effects of it, but the most annoying is my teeth sensitivity.. I can’t eat or drink anything cold anymore. Extremely ...