Prednisone and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 37,839 people (7.23%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,323 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 4,881 drugs and 5,854 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Breathing difficulty and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
- Breathing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of prednisone (38,726 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,323 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 39,929 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Diarrhea: 32,985 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (579,752 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 37,839 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Furosemide: 19,428 reports
- Albuterol: 17,779 reports
- Omeprazole: 17,638 reports
- Methotrexate: 17,095 reports
- Lasix: 16,702 reports
- Metformin: 16,584 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (4,881 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 40,041 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 34,524 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,046 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,688 reports
- Pain: 15,402 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,854 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cialis and Pharyngolaryngeal Pain - 3 seconds ago
- Xanax and Pituitary Tumor Benign - 4 seconds ago
- Remifentanil Hydrochloride and Neuromuscular Block Prolonged - 8 seconds ago
- Psoriasis Aggravated and Interstitial Nephritis - 11 seconds ago
- Psoriasis Aggravated and Nephritis - Interstitial - 11 seconds ago
- Abilify and Uterine Leiomyoma - 14 seconds ago
- Bleeding Into The Skin and drugs of ingredients of peginterferon alfa 2a - 23 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Palmar Erythema - 38 seconds ago
- Gildess Fe 1/20 and Weight Increased - 38 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Blood Albumin Increased - 58 seconds ago