Prednisone and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma. This review analyzes which people have Death with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 6,124 people (2.48%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 30.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 39.41 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.24 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.24 %
- 10+ years: 2.65 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 45.74 %
- male: 54.26 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.23 %
- 2-9: 0.28 %
- 10-19: 1.25 %
- 20-29: 2.49 %
- 30-39: 3.31 %
- 40-49: 7.68 %
- 50-59: 16.07 %
- 60+: 68.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (594 people, 9.70%)
- Multiple Myeloma (479 people, 7.82%)
- Prostate Cancer (301 people, 4.92%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (294 people, 4.80%)
- Pain (222 people, 3.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (628 people, 10.25%)
- Methotrexate (500 people, 8.16%)
- Cyclophosphamide (472 people, 7.71%)
- Aspirin (415 people, 6.78%)
- Folic Acid (392 people, 6.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (541 people, 8.83%)
- Pain (535 people, 8.74%)
- Fatigue (499 people, 8.15%)
- Weakness (490 people, 8.00%)
- Pneumonia (475 people, 7.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is death caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeath and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeath and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,079 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath
Could your condition cause DeathDeath
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...