Prednisone and Diarrhea - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diarrhea is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Diarrhea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 32,985 people (6.3%) have Diarrhea.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,323 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is found to be associated with 4,752 drugs and 5,499 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Diarrhea reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Diarrhea *:
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Diarrhea *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Diarrhea?Check whether Diarrhea is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Diarrhea and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
- Diarrhea and drugs with ingredients of prednisone (22,100 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,323 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 39,929 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Diarrhea: 32,985 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Diarrhea treatments and more:
- Diarrhea (635,765 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Diarrhea:
- Prednisone: 32,985 reports
- Aspirin: 28,557 reports
- Humira: 27,396 reports
- Metformin: 25,237 reports
- Otezla: 24,088 reports
- Revlimid: 23,781 reports
- Methotrexate: 22,508 reports
- Omeprazole: 20,335 reports
- Lisinopril: 17,320 reports
- Amlodipine: 16,563 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (4,752 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diarrhea:
- Multiple myeloma: 27,552 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 27,466 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,538 reports
- Crohn's disease: 22,299 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 22,186 reports
- Psoriasis: 20,189 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,289 reports
- Pain: 16,423 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (5,499 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hypokalemia in Proair Hfa, how severe and when it was recovered? - now
- Bicalutamide and Aspirin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Mycophenolic Acid and Thiotepa drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Colitis - 12 seconds ago
- Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 22 seconds ago
- Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride and Mental Disorder - 23 seconds ago
- Claritin and Derealisation - 28 seconds ago
- Crestor and Urea Urine Increased - a minute ago
- Escitalopram Oxalate and Eye Movements - Uncontrollable - a minute ago
- Minitran and Viagra drug interaction - a minute ago